250 with a cummins

Discussion in 'eBay & Craiglist Listings' started by iowaredneck, May 3, 2011.

1. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

ford ftmfw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

id rather the 7.3 but my grandpa has a cummins in his 02 but its not a 12v and i love to drive it

3. Predatory Instincts

Predatory Instincts Bizkit Grabber

For the first comment, you can :yourself:

Up until this MY there wasn't anything Ford about the diesel engines in their pickups, so :Wedgie: yourself.

I like all of them and you see what I drive. Saying that Cummins is gay just because it has a turd instead of a Ford wrapped around it in the platform that you are familiar with from the factory is just :ROFLJest:

2011 Ford F-650/F-750 Work Trucks | View Photos, Features & Pricing | Ford.com

Would you look at that.. it's the same engine that Chrysler puts in their 3/4 ton...

It's called knowledge. Check into it.

4. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

hahahaha daaaamn festus

5. Predatory Instincts

Sometimes I do know what I'm talking about...

6. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

I think people here can vouch for my knowledge content. I have nothing to prove. Been around diesels my whole life. And at one time was certified in cummins,Cat. This is not a new game for me. On the farm growing up we used Fords and 6.9's and for work in construction we used 7.3's. Back then there was no duramax( they suck to) and they were just plain old gay chevy diesels. Cummins were problematic back then....... they got good for a while..... and now they suck again. Every major brand has there ups and downs in development. 7.3's are the single best diesel built for a truck period. You'd be stupid to deny that. Then the 6.0's came along. They had there problems stock but there are remedies to the problems and they make good power. 6.4's better. 6.7's freaking beasts.

Are they all perfect? Nope. Do I FAVOR one over the others? YUP. Am I a brand loyalist ? YOU BET YOUR ASS.

I don't know how much more plain I can state that :facepalm:

7. Predatory Instincts

I believe that I said pretty much the same thing that you did but you called me a hater and questioned my professional ability.

There's nothing wrong with a Cummins engine now. It's the exhaust scrubbing bs that was causing issues, not the engine itself.

Being brand loyal has nothing to do with anything when you're talking diesels. All of the motors mentioned besides the 6.7 were built by Navistar and have nothing to do with Ford other than being placed in a truck body. Heck, you get a Cummins in the F250 in South America. :jester:

8. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

then go buy you one

9. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    kind of off topic, but i saw this sticker on the back of a 98 dodge 2500. it said "quit strokin and start cummin"

that it was pretty funny. that is all. continue...

10. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

It's your tone that I don't like. You trying to belittle everthing I say. If I want to say cummins suck in every post I make I will. That's my opinion and I don't need to be told I'm wrong when I clearly choose this stance. :birgits_tiredcoffee

Here's the facts.
    The 7.3 Liter Power Stroke was ranked in Diesel Power Magazine's top 10 diesel engines ever produced. Over 2 million 7.3 liter Power Strokes are still in operation today.
    Over 2 million 7.3 liter Power Stroke equipped Ford trucks are in operation. That's more than Chevrolet, GMC, and Dodge diesel equipped trucks combined.

More facts.....

Ford + navistar/international (until this this year)

Dodge + cummins

Chevy+ duramax

When I say ford diesel trucks I mean navistar as well. That's a given. Just like if you mentioned cummins you think Dodge 2500.

I live in North America and can only be concerned with what I can buy here. I love my ford trucks with the international diesels. Now I will love the Ford trucks with the Ford diesels as well. So yes brand loyalty has everything to do with it.