2wd Long Travel Susp Kits

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by VanoFord, Oct 3, 2011.

1. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    So I think I am gonna be keeping my rig for quite some time. Not out of choice, but desire. I think since all my shocks are about needing to be replaced, its time to just upgrade everything. I had thought about getting a sweet 4-6" susp kit, but then said F that, lets just go balls out and get a LT Susp kit. So, here is a thread for everyone to post up links for LTSK. Here is the one I had looked at and am considering highly. Can get coilovers for an additional $600. Lemme know what you guys think of this kit, along w/ your reasonings for posting up another kit by some other manufacturer. Thanks!

04-08 Ford F150 2WD Long Travel Prerunner Kit

2. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

if you're gonna do a long travel kit then shouldn't you take the body lift off? or no

3. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

I'm not sure what role that would play in having a LTSK. I mean, you can stack a BL on a regular 6" suspension kit, so why wouldn't you be able to for a LTSK?

what's your reasoning for thinking so? just curious. good question too! :waytogo:

4. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

Camburg is where its at
    Performance 7.0 Coilover Kit | Camburg Engineering

well i don't know if you were doing it to have a badass suspension set up or if you were gonna go to san luis pass and jump dunes lol. i wouldn't think a body lift would hold to heavy offroading

5. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

i have never had a problem w/ my body lift as of yet and i hard core offroad already. i mean, you saw me almost flip my truck didnt you? and I was (attempting) to jump those mini dunes out there, but my suspension just made it feel like i hit a big ole speed bump lol.

that camburg kit is sick. of course Camburg is where its at. the kits themselves are virtually the same price, but that link i showed was a direct replacement for our trucks... i wonder how much fabrication is needed for the camburg? :hmm:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  6. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

for having long travel you would want a lower center of gravity....IMO ditch the BL, most do in the dezert runnin groups. brenthal makes great kits, so do camburg but theyre prolly the most expensive (you pay for what you get), Richer racing is good, and just so you know...you wont have sway bars, most LT kits are designed to be off road 90% of time and on the road just to load up the trailer. for the past month ive been driving without sway bars and its hella fun, cant wait till im another 2-3in wider with LT. just wish I could afford it. good luck.

will you be building a cage? or a bed cage or run deavers? probably will need an engine cage for sure if you plan on really jumping it. also you will need some fiberglass to tuck the tires. thats gonna be atleast 4-500/pair for fronts and 3-500 for rears....good companies are: glassworks, fiberwerks, woolworth

7. KingRanchDiesel

KingRanchDiesel Full Access Member

that looks pretty sweet

8. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

Camburg jd fabrication total chaos Dixon bros racing all make great kits. I want the camburg 7.5 kit if I was 2wd

9. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

^brenthal makes 4x4 kits too....... DDDOOOIIITTTTTTT

10. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

There's a few companies that do but I don't have the money to drop 5k or so