4wd Conversion

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by 03f150-06CBR100rr, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Big'un

Big'un BillyBadAss

sounds like you want a f250 to me :jester:

2. Taylor_allen92

Taylor_allen92 Full Access Member

Haha ya... Many people have told me to just sell mine an get a 4x4, by I'm in love with my truck and have done quite a few mods that aren't exactly easy to swap over and I reallyy don't feel like doing again (cab lights, lights behind grill, etc...) but Big'un essentially that is what I am going for haha if I didn't like the supercrew flareside body style so much I would trade it in a heartbeat for a 4x4 but this is one of my absolute favorite body styles. I've done quite a bit of research on the SAS and for what I will get out of it, it really doesn't seem that bad.

3. Big'un

Big'un BillyBadAss

in all honesty if you start a SAS its gonna probaly end up pushed off in the weeds and youll go buy a 4x4 ..... jmo

4. Taylor_allen92

Really think it'll be that bad? Lol I was planning to collect all the needed parts over the course of a year or so and worst case cruise around as a 2wd solid axle till I can do the finishing touches like front driveshaft and what not. The only things I'm concerned about right now are getting the brakes hooked up and figuring out how I will do the steering components.

5. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

I think you should get a 7.5'' fabtech lift and call it quits. SAS never end up looking good imo.

6. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

This^. Or just get a 4x4 toy if you're that desperate for a 4 wheel drive. He'll I've had my truck 2 years and have only used 4 wheel drive about 5 times? Most times offroad I stay in 2 wheel

7. Taylor_allen92

I get enough crap as it is for having a 4" lift on my 2wd... The 7.5" fabtech was gonna be my fall back, but the SAS didn't seem as horrifying as people made it out to be. If I could afford a separate 4x4 toy I would in a heart beat, I also don't really have much room to store it either and don't feel like paying monthly to have it sit in an open lot. But TxFx04 was it not worth having 4wd those 5 times? I know it isn't used every day in my situation, but there are times it would be really nice to have!

8. TxFx04

Well yeah it was nice to have but I could have easily avoided those areas where I got stuck. And plus 4x4 isn't a life saver either. I've been stuck plenty of times in 4 wheel drive. Also who cares if people give you crap for having a lifted 2wd. I had a 5" lifted 2wd and jarrett has a 9.5" lifted 2wd

9. Taylor_allen92

This is true... I will most likely just get the 7.5" fabtech + 3" body lift and throw some 38s under it. Maybe in a year or two I can pick up a mud toy. Thanks guys for all the help ;)

10. TxFx04

Yeah cause if you're really into mudding and all that (says the guy with a lifted 4x4 pavement princess :jester:) an old ranger 4x4 or some kind of jeep would be a lot cheaper than a 4x4 conversion/SAS. And you can still have a badass lifted truck :peace: