88 mustang trade offer

Discussion in 'Mustangs and Fast Fords' started by Bdons-SD, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

I found a guy who wants to trade an 88 mustang for my yj. I'll let the ad speak for itself. But I'm really thinking about it. My title should come any day now and he's willing to wait for it. What do you guys think?

mustang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

"clutch I think" ?

Better if it was 5 lug.
    I make sure they let ya check compression.

3. Bdons-SD

I'll probably have a shop check it out before actually going through with the deal. Im willing to spend a few bucks. I would check it all myself but I'm not sure how someone would feel letting some stranger mess around with his car ha ha.

4. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

Keep the jeep

5. Bdons-SD

Yeah. I'm really on the fence. I want something fun and more daily driver friendly. The jeep is fun but it needs some work to get it to a daily driver/weekend warrior that I want. The 4 cyl and manual steering is the culprit. It won't do more than 50 and the wobbly steering makes it a freeway nightmare.

Don't get me wrong, it's nothing I can't fix. I'm currently shopping for a donor jeep (yj or xj) for a 4.0 and powersteering and the ax15 trans. I'm also going to do the grand Cherokee steering swap. It should be solid at that point, but it's so much work and I'm impatient! Ha ha. The mustang just jumped out at me.

yz85rider2002 likes this.
  6. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

I would be tempted but I doubt the stang would be much of a dd

7. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I would trade in a heartbeat. You already have a 4x4, unless you're building the Jeep for off-roading, it doesn't make sense to have have two. The mustang would be a ton of fun during nice days and its a convertible!

Definitely let a shop check it out to make sure there aren't any hidden surprises.

8. Bdons-SD

I want to build the jeep up similar my old ranger or scab f150. Daily driveable, weekend wheelable, and able to drive it out to the trails. But also something I can take out fishing and pull my little 12foot boat to the lake. I'm able to go fishing with my truck, but it's so huge that parking at the smaller lakes and the secret river spots makes it a pain. It's doable but It would just be nice to have a smaller runaround 4x4.

Keeping that in mind, when I say "daily driver" I mean CAPABLE of being daily driven, my truck will always be my primary since I use it for work, but there are jobs where I don't need my truck for 2 or 3 weeks at a time where it would be nice to drive something smaller and keep the miles off my truck. I'll be dropping almost $2500 on it in a couple of weeks and those repairs are going to kill me as the miles go higher ha ha. A mustang or my jeep won't be cheap either but it won't be as expensive as the SD, but I would feel better racking up miles on a $5000 rig vs a truck that will cost me $20k-$30k to replace when it comes time for a new one. I don't have payments and I'd like to keep it that way as long as I can. There is no perfect solution. Im open to trading for a nice mildly built xj or ranger or something similar but a mustang would be fun as hell too. I'm at the point where I haven't invested any money in my build yet so if I'm going to trade, now would be the time, but once I pick up my donor vehicle im committed.

I've never rebuilt a motor before, I want to learn and I want to have the capability and I think this jeep is the perfect starting point. Swapping a 4.0 i6 into a plain Jane yj is about as simple as motor swaps go. The benefit of knowing the jeep inside and out is what I want, but the thought of having something ready to go and driveable now is enticing. And there is always room to rebuild whatever breaks later on down the road.

A part of me says keeping the jeep is the safer route, but the other part says MUSTANG FUN! Ha ha I have a bad habit of over thinking things

9. TwentyTenFX4

TwentyTenFX4 Officially has DES

You already know what I'm going to say. Haha.

10. Bdons-SD

Actually I don't... You have a mustang AND a jeep ha ha. Pick a damn side!