adaptive steering fault

Discussion in 'F-250 and F-350 General Tech and Info' started by philg1, Nov 3, 2022.

1. philg1

philg1 Junior Member

I have a 2019 F350 Platinum diesel with only 36000 KM which went out of warranty in April this year. The Adaptive Steering fault showed periodically in Aug, dealer checked, couldnt find issue. This week it went on permanently, dealer diagnosed at cost of $200 only to tell me the fix to replace the entire steering assembly at cost of $4900, and there's no warranty left. I escalated to Ford Canada customer service only to be told I'm SOL. With such low mileage thought i met get some consideration but nope. And why this truck is built such that the resolution to the issue is replace the whole steering assembly is beyond me - poor engineering. Dealer says its drivable, but requires more steering effort (and the Front Collision Warning will no longer work)

Questions - anyone had this issue and know of a cheaper fix or know of other avenues to escalate? Thanks in advance
    Phil

2. philg1

philg1 Junior Member

no one else experience this issue? was thinking to try another FORD dealer and get a 2nd opinion?