Adding another battery for all my extra lights (I can't spell help me west)

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by backwoodscountryman, Apr 14, 2011.

1. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Glad to hear i explained it OK.

Yes our trucks will die if we unhook the battery with truck on.I know this from past experience.

The more load you put on your alternator the harder it works.You can actually hear your alternator working harder once you have more load than it's meant to have.In my case with all my lights hooked up.You can hear it working harder.

2. supercrewzn

supercrewzn Full Access Member

Yup, it starts to whine which is a warning that your overworking it.

3. Sl33p3r

Sl33p3r Banned

my buddys little mitsubishi car is about a 90 something and runs with out the batt I wanna try that with my 98 and see if it works with mine

4. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Check out Larryw1 (or whatever his username is) He's running a dual battery setup in his truck. One mounted in the stock location and one mounted by the drivers fender, he's got a JLT intake so more room under the hood.

I know someone makes an isolator for jeeps that lets you use one battery for primary starting, and one for accessories. But if you are running a winch or something you can switch to both, or if your primary dies you can use the second to jump it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

5. 01f1502wd

01f1502wd going up? yes i am.

you know when i run with all of my lights on it sounds the same as if i were to turn on the A/C or heater, or roll down all 4 of my windows at once...i know its working a tad harder but still bad?

6. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Yep i know what yout talking about exactly.Already got the isolator.I'm slowly putting my set up together.Thanks man

01f1502wd-It can be bad over time.You might go out one day.Have all your lights on.Get to your destination and park it.N then you come back out to start it.Nothing.Wont start.I have seen it before.

7. joeygr8gt

joeygr8gt Full Access Member

On the front of my expedition I have three pairs of 6" hella off road lights. Bright as a mutha. I haven't seen any effect on my alternator and I plan to add four more on the roof soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk