Anyone with Halo Headlights?

Discussion in 'General Truck Discussion for all Generations' started by Dawgfan54, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Dawgfan54

Dawgfan54 Full Access Member

So I installed my headlights last night and I payed $20 extra for the CCFL halos because they're brighter and last longer.
    When wiring them up I couldn't get enough power to run them off the blinker running lights power. I think that has something to do with the LED's I have already connected this way for the raptor grille LEDs.
    So I used the power that goes to the side market bulbs and they still don't seem bright enough any ideas?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

disconnect your raptor grill lights and see if you get all the power back. And how do you have the grill lights wired? Show me a pic if you can.

3. Dawgfan54

Alright i'll try and do that tonight, I just thought LED's draw less power do it didn't make sense to me...

4. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

They do but there is a limit of how many your placing on a single line. There are some trick to doing it so I want to see how it is wired before I start explaining it.

5. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

if you want to run the raptor lights and the corner lights your gonna have to put in a bigger Relay to handle all the power and distribute it. don't ask me how it works cause i have no idea, it just seems like an educated answer.

:poker:

6. Dawgfan54

Alright so I don't have any pictures because I came to the conclusion that I'm an idiot.
    When I tried testing the halos the first time I wired them to the blinker lights with the grille lights it didn't work, and I think the problem was that it wasn't getting good connection.
    I've wired the halos to both the blinkers with the raptor LEDs and to the normal side marker lights and the halos are the same color, I just thought they'd look a little brighter than they do, I mean hell I payed $20 extra for that reason alone... So I guess I just have to settle for that...

7. UtahFord

UtahFord FFS best looking guy

mine dont look bright in the day but at night whoa they rock

8. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

it looks pretty bright to me...

9. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    most of those require a direct 12v source, so tapping off a line for power is not gonna give you what you are looking for. when i wire things up to my truck, i give them their own relay and 12v power directly off the battery. My Rigids have a factory relay, my roof lights are on their own system, as well as my halos on my projector fogs.

10. Dawgfan54

Okay so how would I go about running them separately like this?