Armor All Butter Smooth Wax

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by 97madness, Apr 11, 2011.

1. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

[​IMG]

I bought this a few weeks back, normally i use Meguires. I tried it on my RAB, and being black its a pain to not get swirls in it. And have tried it on my SCab aswell recently. Probably not the best written review, but i'll give it a shot.

Overall, its a great product, the no waiting for it to haze is great. But i've noticied if it sits on the vehicle for more then a minute or two, when you go to remove it, it will be a pain in the arse to get off. And most likely leave swirls untill you get it fully removed. Aslong as you wipe it off almost immediately, you will have no problem at all with swirls or anything. And i tend to glob mass amounts of wax on, so that doesnt help either. With using less wax still, if you dont remove it fast enough it still gives you hassle. I felt like it was just as much work, and time as letting the Meguires sit and haze. As for repelling water as in their advertisement videos, yea, not even a light mist will repel off.

If you wax your vehicle every once in a blue moon, i would recommend this. And even if frequently, its still great to use. Personally i wont use it anymore after the bottle runs dry.

2. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

:waytogo:

3. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

thanks for the tip

4. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

I saw that stuff today a Wally world and wondered how it worked. :hmm:

5. 97madness

Its really not all that bad, just gotta be quick to remove it. Small areas at a time for sure. It looked real good on my black truck, and that is usually my guinea pig, since if it looks like trash on that one; I wont even attempt it on the SCab.

Not saying i wouldnt recommend it, just prefer others over it.

6. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

Wat all u tried?

7. 97madness

I've just tried their new wax so far. I'm debating trying to rim stuff they have out now too.

As for other brands of products, tons. Since my dads boss used to drive top fuel. So sponsers and such would throw him stuff by the case.