Best Muffler for the money?

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by n-3-s-l-0, Apr 25, 2013.

1. n-3-s-l-0

n-3-s-l-0 Full Access Member

Alright everyone, what in your opinion is the best sounding muffler for the right money? Just the muffler, not an entire exhaust setup just the muffler.
    I personally dont like flowmaster mufflers because they are overrated and they have horrible in cab drone. I would be putting the muffler on a 4.6L. I was thinking about a cherry bomb extreme because it had a good rumble and it didnt rap so bad at high rpm's.
    I wanna avoid the horrible slappy sound that all the typical chevy motors have at high rpm's. And i dont want it to be too aggressive.

2. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

I have magnaflows and i like how they sound. I have a pretty good exhaust video on youtube with my gopro. Just search myfx4project to find my channel.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

3. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

I had a flowmaster original 40 si do on my screw i had. Not a lot of cab drone or a raspy sound. Nice and deep. I can get a video of the outside if you're curious. I hear magnaflow is nice too. I got my my flowmaster on eBay for $45 bucks.

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

4. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

Magnaflow

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

5. Ak 08 stx

Ak 08 stx The Only One

yeah go with magnaflow, I got one on my truck right now SI DO, and it has a nice pitch to it when I am doing 40 mph, I can get a video of it when I get home since right now I am at work for 4 weeks

6. Taylor_allen92

Taylor_allen92 Full Access Member

A muffler that I like a lot is the Dynomax bullet, there is a video on youtube of a guy with an F150 and dynomax bullets and it sounds amazing IMO. I am currently running a flowmaster 10 series, but I personally love how loud it is and the deep tone that it gives.

7. forduke

forduke Member

I personally like the Magnaflow. And if you're curious about the sound of different mufflers out there, there are lots of videos on youtube that can help you in your decision.