Build Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by n-3-s-l-0, Jun 6, 2013.

1. n-3-s-l-0

n-3-s-l-0 Full Access Member

Hey Guys, just got my new truck this week so I figured I would start a build thread. I need to figure out a name for the truck so if y'all have any ideas dont be afraid to share.
    2005 F150 XLT 5.4L V8 4x4

Started like this:
    [​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A couple friends came over and we removed the nerf bars because I hate them damn things, removed the chrome trim which i thought looked like dog ****, washed and waxed it, vacuumed it out and pretty much fully detailed it, removed the 4x4 decals, put in a new air filter and kinda planned out the future mods for it.

Heres how she looked after, Im pleased with the progress so far.

Let me know what you think I should do next.
    My future mods will be 2 inch Hellbent Steel leveling kit, Edge Evolution Programmer, Cold Air Intake, Wheels and Tires, and probably some small custom touches here and there.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  2. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Congrats on your new truck dude! :peace: I think a level and some 35s is a must and would really improve the off road look.

3. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

Definitely go with a 2.5" level. That way you'll be able to fit 35s if you want to in the long run. I'd also suggest taking off that chrome rocker panel stick on stuff and slapping on some front window tint. Good looking truck none the less.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

4. n-3-s-l-0

Im not gonna run 35's on it. I have no need for huge tires. 285's would probably the biggest I go. The stainless rocker panels are on the truck pretty good and ive been told that they are a huge pain in the ass to get off.

Im probably gonna do exhaust for it pretty soon, what muffler would you guys suggest. Im gonna avoid flowmaster because they drone too much and i think they are a little overrated. Im thinking about putting a Dynomax race bullet but I want some other opinions. Im looking for a good deep throaty sound, not slappy and not really loud.

5. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

all a flowmaster will do is suffocate your truck and give you a drone headache lol. my bullets have a nice tone to them. not loud unless you're really on it

6. n-3-s-l-0

What size bullets are you running? I was just gonna get a single 12 inch bullet and replace the factory muffler with it.

7. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

true dual with two 12" bullets. 2.5"

8. W.Hirsch

W.Hirsch Yippie-Ki-Yay....

I loved the cherry bomb vortex I had on my 05. Not very loud but had enough rumble to let you know it was there. I had a single turn down that dumped just before the rear axle.

9. n-3-s-l-0

Alright well I just did my first repair on the new truck.

Had to replace the Fuel Pump Drive Module. For those of you that havent done it yet, I would recommend it because mine was corroded as all hell. I am from Minnesota so that probably made it worse for me, but anyway it only takes about 5 minutes to replace. Ill upload some pics later when I have some more time.

10. n-3-s-l-0

Ok so like I said before I had to do my first repair, It was the Fuel Pump Driver Module, they are known to corrode after time and then water gets in the circuits and they get fired. So I ran to Orilly's and got a new Dorman OE replacement with lifetime warranty.

It was a pretty simple process, all you have to do is disconnect the battery, lower the spare tire, remove the wiring plug, remove 2 bolts, clean up the corroded surface and then install the new module.

My truck immediately fired up when I turned the key after installing the new part.

Heres some before and after pics.

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Comparing the Old and New Modules
    [​IMG]

New:
    [​IMG]
    The new module came with rubber spacers so it wouldnt corrode as easily.
    [​IMG]