Cd/radio help plz 911.

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Bluemule93, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Bluemule93

Bluemule93 Junior Member

Ok im starting to lose my mind over this. heres wats happening.
    the other day i was driving and my radio just cuts off (The radio was on just no audio)
    Everything works just no audio.

I thought it was something to do with the cd i was playing but when i switched it to radio steal nothing.

Theres was no poping or anything like that -it acts like i muted or turned the sound down.

A few times the audio came back for a few secs and then quite. When i parked the truck for a few hours today and came back the audio was there long enf for me to put on my seat belt and then gone...

Any ideas? Its the stock kenwood radio. Never had a problem before.

the other day i went out in the morning it worked fine after driving a bit it quite again.

When i got to work i turned my truck off and could here static poping noises coming from the speaks but everything was off Went on for a bit (Key out of the ign radio off)....

The last few weaks i thought iv been hearing a clicking noise coming from under the dash when i turn the wippers on.

yesterday i Got the radio out and i installed a new radio. The problem went away - I drove 20 some mile with no issues it was working fine when i got off work as well but to day the new deck said (Check wiring reset unit) Well we pulled all speaker wires and hooked them up one by one.
    all wires went fine until we got to The white wires they had no audio then we hooked the green wires up and the left rear and right front speaks kicked on shortly after the deck said check wiring.

I puilled the greens and white and steel got the same warning - I pulled the purple and it did the same wanring i unhooked the purple and it quite.

Anyway we tested it about 100 differnt ways and the problem seems to jump one moment one set will be ok then there not.

does this truck have a factory amp? its a 1993 ford f150 with the 5.0 (Super cab) e40d trans.

if so wear is it at?
    thanks!!!!

My bro thinks this truck has a stock amp bc there is a black plug and a gray one they both look the same.

please any advise.