Column Shifter to Floor/Console Shifter

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by backwoodscountryman, Aug 24, 2011.

1. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

OK so i want to at some point make my truck a center floor counsel shift truck.Besides finding the counsel itself and the shifter.What internal parts would i need to make this happen?

Also how hard of a project would it be to get it swapped?How hard would the install be?

Also anyone here ever done this,or no someone that has done this to there 04-08's?

Also feel free to add any info that i may have missed.Since winter is coming up and i will have the time,i want to start locating a donor counsel and start getting all the parts together.Thanks guys.

2. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

You need the shifter and cables, the console, the wiring, different bolts, and if you want the rear vents, you'll need the a/c tubes also.

It would be a lot simpler to do just a console swap. Unless you really want the shifter on the floor
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  3. backwoodscountryman

Thats it?N no dont really care for the rear vents.How hard would the install be?You know any write ups that exist out there on the web by any chance?

4. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I've seen one on f150online but I can't find it right now...
    Your best bet would be find a truck that has been rolled or totalled and just start taking the interior all apart.
    One other thing is you might want to change gauges, so you don't have the PRND21 on the dash anymore

5. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

agree with will on this one

6. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    You don't need to change gauges to get the PRND21 off your cluster. That is actually a tab for people w/ console shifter that says "Fx4" or "Lariat" instead of the PRND21. In my opinion, if you arent going to run the AC for the back, then doing the console shift conversion is a waste. either do it right, or don't do it at all is my moto. just swap out a regular console like AK showed, and if you still want the floor shift, you can easily find someone wanting to get rid of their jump seat for a console. just my $.02... feel free to return any change if i overpaid.

7. backwoodscountryman

Ok thanks man.If you can locate it,please by all means post it here for me.Ya gonna start looking for rolled or totaled truck.But how they do it around here at the junk yards,they take everything off the truck and sell it that way.

8. backwoodscountryman

Ya you overpayed you fugger,lol.I hear ya on the AC for the back.Didnt think of that.Guess i will do it now,lol.My main concern is not finding a center counsel,i can do that.My main concern is,how hard would this be to do?

9. backwoodscountryman

I actually want to do the shifter on the floor.Thats my main reason for wanting to do this,lol.

10. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    removing the dash to install the floor shifter dash is going to be the hardest. you have to remove your cluster, your 4x4 wiring, your radio, passenger air bag, steering wheel, column... you'll add new dash, new ac vent for center console, drill through your floor pan and rerun the shifter cable, new column, then reconnect all your stuff, ac, airbags, radio, cluster/4x4 wiring, etc...

i thought about doing this mod a few yrs ago, but it was more headache then i wanted to encounter just to have a floor shifter. plus i realized i do use that space between my center console and the dash when on long trips, so its nice to still have it there.