Column Shifter to Floor/Console Shifter

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by backwoodscountryman, Aug 24, 2011.

1. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

patman on f150 online did this

2. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

My friend Tony(who is a certified mech)and i have actually had all of what you said off and put back together.While he was going to school,my truck was his guinee pig,lol.So now problem there.But i do hear ya man.Maybe i will rethink this after i read up on it more.Just didnt realize it would involve all of that.Thanks man.

Can you get me the link?

3. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

I just sold Jesse (Jlyoung) the center console that came out of my truck (I put a almost new one in my truck because the po had his cb mounted on the side and there was holes drilled In the side I didn't like.) and he is just going to make the area where the shifter goes a extra storage area. His truck is a column shift.

4. Predatory Instincts

Predatory Instincts Bizkit Grabber

I read through the install thread on f150online several years ago and I remember it being a huge PIA to do.

5. joh408

joh408 Full Access Member

Patman did his on an obs using a nbs shifter so that's also why it was a pia

6. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

Yeah but his is a bit more one off, then doing an 04-08. The parts are basically available and require hardly no modification to make work. Matter of fact, I'm not sure of any modification other then taking the stuff out and putting the other in. In other words, it's readily available.

Patman's deal was a project that required him to fab and make stuff work that wasn't made for the generation of his truck. Not the case for you 11th gen owners, all y'all got to do is either buy it all new or find a donor truck. :birgits_tiredcoffee

7. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

im actually gettin a console shift today from abe but im not hookin up the shift cuz ima put my cb in it instead

8. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Thats what i have been hearing also.That it's easier to do on the 04-08's cause there wasnt a whole lot to it.Well thats what i have been reading anyways.Also read the hardest part is just removing the dash,running the ac hose for the rear vents.However i still have not been able to find a write up.So if anyone can find a write up,or come across someone that did it for the 11th generation trucks,let me know.I already got ahold of the center counsel.But thats it.Cant seem to find any rolled or totaled trucks.Anybody know where i can get the parts?Maybe like an online parts store?

Nice.

9. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

The parts are going to be pricey for brand new, if you can score a donor truck you'd be a lot better off. If not, look for all the parts you need from a source other then a dealership.

10. joh408

joh408 Full Access Member

Only one I've found so far is for 09-11 and is $395 with the center console and the shifter