Column to Console shifter switch

Discussion in 'Interior' started by 2011F150, Aug 29, 2012.

1. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

What's the dimensions on the console? Front tO back and side to side

2. 2011F150

2011F150 Full Access Member

not sure yet haven't had a chance to do much of anything on it yet you thinking about doing the conversion as well?

3. 2011F150

okay just roughly measured it sitting in my back seat the bottom of the new console is about 32" long and aproximately 12" wide

i also measured back from where the console will be sitting appears to be exactly the same as where my jump seat ends at in the back so there wont be much difference there other than the a/c vents, the 3 prong plug i plan to add and the lighter slot which is already there on my jump seat console.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  4. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

In kinda curious if it'll work in my 250. I like the place for the upfitter switches

5. 2011F150

yeah its pretty sweet when i get some lights installed thats where i plan to run them too im thinkin about doing heated seats as well so i think thats what im going to use the two little circle holes for on the left side of the upfitter switches thought that would be neat

i think the 08+ 250's have center consoles very similar to this one only difference is the slot for the shifter i wanna saw theres two more cup holders maybe or something like that. Not really sure if the demensions are the same seems like the F250 would be a little higher and larger let me know if you need any more measurements would be glad to help.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  6. 2011F150

Okay guys small up date i got pretty much all my peices orders from Tascaparts.com if you aint used it yet you will if you own a Ford. Great customer service too, the guy i spoke to had the willingness to help me out knowing that i couldn't use my VIN for part varification since im upgrading parts to Lariet/Raptor Interior. FYI anyone looking for the console shifter assembly, and shifter cables you have to go under Ford, F150, Raptor, console it comes in black and silver, thats the only part number they showed. Anyways i bought it Thursday Morning so ill probobly get the parts end of next week i hope and ill start my install. Dang i hate waiting...oh well it'll be worth it anyone needing any of my few parts im removing let me know PM me or on this topic i don't care. Ill have the center seat ($150 you pay shipping) with the dual compartment and six cup holders along with the lighter plug in the rear. im great shape Needs the top clip replaced but ill fix that before i send it, plus i have the shifter cable ($35) for the column and the column shifter ($30) itself with the manual shifter and tow and haul.

7. 2011F150

Hey guys have a question for you guys with a center console shifter already in your trucks/ or the guys that have done a swap out already, im getting closer to my parts being here and im wondering on the shifter assembly itself in the console will there be any other wires attached to it other than the shifter cable to the tranny? Appears i've seen the wiring diagrams with an ambient light wire bundle going through the console, the console i purchased doesn't have that installed already do i have to have that to make my console shifter functional? anybody know anything on this?

8. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    your shifter will work, however the RND21 will not be lit up as that ambient lighting pigtail you are referring to is what this is for. I think you can just make your own pigtail and wire it up (the lights should be in the shifter itself I think)

9. DestinationFX4

DestinationFX4 Admanistrator

i wouldnt think you would need ambient lighting to make the shifter functional, as that is just an add on from ford.

10. 2011F150

Awesome thanks guys thats what i was hoping for and i think ill do what you said Vano and just make my own wiring set up for the shifter itself. Can't wait to start taking stuff out and putting things in. Ill still have a few finalizing appearance things to do but for the most part i think im good to go atleast should be able to mount the console and shifter and hopefully everything will just plug and play from there. Also anybody know why i have read a few places you have to put the shifter in D before attaching the shift cable is this so its easier to get into place.
    Also does that mean i need my column shifter in D as well before i start the project?