CrossBones F250 from hell Build Thread!

Discussion in 'Under Construction' started by Redneckfordf250, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Redneckfordf250

Redneckfordf250 Member

White trucks have always been a weak spot for me. Especially when combined with black. I want to put a little white in my Harley to make it look more like my truck since those two are the ones together.
    Trav

2. Redneckfordf250

Redneckfordf250 Member

Well yesterday and the other day I went junkyard hunting for another trucks parts ended up coming home with parts for most of the trucks.

For this one we got:
    the intake rubber tubes/hoses (I broke the middle plastic piece but I had that anyways)
    the speaker grilles for the door panels (they are blue but we are going to paint them black then throw a little fiberglass or something on the small cracks in the door panels)
    and lastly 4 skull and Cross bone emblems that were on a chevy (this and the speaker grilles were free). One that we are going to put on the hood in the center is just one skull and bone, the ones we are going to put on the fenders and tailgate have 4-6 skull and bones. They are chrome so that will break up some of the flat black.
    Other then that nothing done just yet.

I think I said this before but my other 89 F350 I may pull the engine and put in this truck just waiting for some time, and some money as if I do it going to drop a new oil pump, water pump, and more into it.
    Trav

3. Redneckfordf250

Redneckfordf250 Member

Well don't have any updates yet for this. We brought home 2 trucks and I just finished one and had to jump into the other. Hoping to get to this one after mine which is right after this project.

The trucks we picked up are a:
    94 Explorer 4.0L V6 4x4 4door Automatic. Got it for a DD for me till my F150 is going but I fell in love with it so I am keeping both.

The other is a 96 Ranger 2wd I4 extended cab stick shift. Dropping the body right now onto a 92 4x4 4.0L extended cab auto trans. This truck will be my other brothers since he loves Rangers.
    Trav

4. Redneckfordf250

Redneckfordf250 Member

Went to my buddies place he found the matching wheel and tire for the truck so now I have a matching set of wheels and tires plus a spare. Only problem is I have to find out if I can find why it is leaking. Brother took some steel wool and cleaned that wheel up and it looks awesome cleaned up. Probably going to pull one at a time and clean up all them and while I am at it I will check out the brakes on it.

Got some more to do to the ranger still, got to still find the PS leak in my new DD and then drop the engine in my F150 then I can get back to playing with this.
    Trav

5. Redneckfordf250

Redneckfordf250 Member

Well a few changes since I was last on some to do with the 91 some not.

We ended up getting rid of the 97 expedition. Truck was having issues and we were having problems figuring it out. Mom decided she wanted to trade it in on a 04 GMC Envoy XUV.

Ended up picking up a motorhome for free and ended up trading it on a 90 F150 4x4 302 that I did a little work to make in driver shape.

I then picked up a 92 F250 4x4 351W E4OD and stuck a flat bed on it. Got a little more body work to do, and hopefully the engine isn't seized up it and it is just the starter.

The ranger is almost done but hit a small snag.

I then picked up something I never though we would. A 1980 Ford mustang Fox body. Straight body overall and I am either doing a 5.0L or 5.8L swap on it.

Anyways to the good updates.

Pulled the engine out of my 88 F150 and tore it apart and ended up trashing the block. Broke the block when I threw a rod and spun a cam bearing, 2 rod bearings, and a main bearing! My other engine is now in the process of being rebuilt. It so far has been bored .040 over and I have the new piston and rings.

The 91 I pulled the engine out and tore it down and had that bored over .030 because it had no choice but to be. Currently have the new pistons and rings ready to go in once the machine shop hones the block.

We are looking at having the both engine rebuilt by spring and having them in. For Cross bones (the 91) it might take a bit to get it road legal since it needs brakes.

For cross bones we also picked up a headache rack, running boards off a 99 super duty, and a tail gate panel. So far we only got the tail gate panel installed. Will keep y'all updated.
    Trav

6. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Post up them pics.
    :cheers:

7. Redneckfordf250

Redneckfordf250 Member

Pics of the 90:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pic of the 92 F250 unfortunately don't have one with the bed on (I added the flares and painted it like that. It was just a mochup to see if I like it):
    [​IMG]

Pic of my 88 F150
    [​IMG]
    heads off my F150:
    [​IMG]

The 89 F250 after a little mudding
    [​IMG]

Pic to make you cry:
    [​IMG]

Pic to make you happy again (the 02)
    [​IMG]

8. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

I'm liking that 92 f250. Just needs a bed put on it.

9. Redneckfordf250

Redneckfordf250 Member

The bed is on the 92 I just haven't had the chance to get pics of it being it has been so muddy out.
    The main idea for the 92 is to build a recovery/work truck out of it. I always wanted to build a F250 that was great offroad and could be able to pull people out so that is the plan for this one.
    Here is my idea of parts: custom winch bracket retaining stock bumper
    powerstroke bumper
    mirrors like the 91, 90, and my 88 have.
    hitch in the rear (have)
    Custom tow hooks front and rear
    35" All terrain tires
    Warn hubs
    full exhaust system (dual thrush tubes)
    a ton of lights
    smoked HID headlights
    smoked cab lights
    LED everything
    and probably a lot more I haven't thought of.

Here are pics of it's bad side when I got it. Still have to cut out the cab corner but the everything else is done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Oh wow, what happened to it?