Custom box?

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by 97madness, Jul 11, 2011.

1. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

Right now i have a downfire fox box or w/e its called, which can hold two 10's. I dont really have a need for two 10's to be honest, after reading so many people put these systems in their trucks, then hardly use them. So i've been thinking of building a ported box for a 10 (12 would be nice, but dont think they make shallow ones). This would allow me to have room under the rear seat for the amp too.

Now i did a little research and they have some crazy equations and such for how the port should be setup compared to airspace and such.. This hurts my brain, not gonna lie lol. I wasnt bad with math, i just hated it. Should i even bother with a ported box, or just try to find a box for a single 10 thats sealed, or even already ported?

Any opinions and direction from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long winded post

2. TLSF150

TLSF150 Full Access Member

3. 07Fx2

07Fx2 Full Access Member

Probox makes a single 10 box. I have 2 10s in a downfiring box that goes under the seat. The amp is installed behind the top of the back seat. You can't even tell were the amp is. Looks all factory. Love it.

4. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

yes there are many slim 12s, slim 13.5's, and even some slim 15's. just get a memphis mclass 12 and port it

5. 07Fx2

07Fx2 Full Access Member

In my 04 f150 I had a single ten box and was ported. Got it from probox aswell.

6. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

Is it gonna be shallow enough to put under the seat in a box? That my main concern, since i still need my back seat.

and 07FX2, i dont think theres enough room in my scab to mount it behind the seat. It would end up under the drivers seat if i went with my dual downfire that i already have. Since i can get a good deal on a shockwave 10" shallow sub. I've heard their 12's and they are pretty badass. 10's arent suppose to be too much different

7. TLSF150

TLSF150 Full Access Member

I have my amp attached to the bottom of the box.. In this pic you can see where it raises up in the middle thats where my amp is..

[​IMG]

8. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

yes there will stillbe room