Dreaded knock sensor issue!!

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by dlilly88, Jan 6, 2013.

1. dlilly88

dlilly88 Junior Member

I have a 2001 F150 4.6 Romeo and its toast now... future rebuild I suppose. But any who in the mean time I picked up another 4.6 romeo engine our of a crown vic and it doesnt have the boss for the knock sensor in the lifter valley. no hole or anything... i thought about moving it did some lookin and people have moved them no issues. another idea i have is to tap a hole in the lifter valley and put a stud in so i can bolt it in its factory appearing place... my question is has anyone done either one? i know i can get a tune to eliminate it completly but im broke as a joke and cant afford one plus no one around here that i know of messes with the cpu for anything!!!

2. dlilly88

dlilly88 Junior Member

Any advice would be nice... i am planning on putting the new engine back in tomorrow...

3. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Havent done either sorry bro. Not sure anyone else has around here as well.

sent from area 51

4. dlilly88

dlilly88 Junior Member

well... the motor didnt go in as planned im still waiting to get the holes tapped for the intake but hoping to by this weekend.... i just bolted the knock sensor to the back of the head so hope it works out and i moved the (cht) to the upper drivers side head.... hoping everything i have read will pay off and ill be able to drive my truck again