driver's door window motor?

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by DarkShadowSTX, Jul 17, 2011.

1. DarkShadowSTX

DarkShadowSTX the "brat"

Hey guys. I have an 08 and my window won't always go up anymore. Last night I thought it was going to be stuck all the way down. :Grenade: It has been acting up intermittently for months but I just cant stand it now. At times I can push the switch to put the window down, then go up and it will work. Other times I can hit the door. Can the problem be the window motor and my switch? Also, since it is an 08 with les than 29k, would something like that still be under warranty? If not I'll have to fix it myself, which is no big deal but why not have ford pay for it if I still have time.

2. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

It's a easy fix bud. The contacts are dirty on the switches. Take the switch box out and you see how it comes apart. Be careful tho when you get it apart cause it has small pieces that can get lost. Take a piece of small sand paper and clean the contacts. You will notice the ones that are dirty and the ones that are clean. I've had to do this myself before on my last 05 F150 :cheers:

3. DarkShadowSTX

DarkShadowSTX the "brat"

that's cool. so i just have to pop that box and not have to pull the door panel? i'll have to do this later. thanks man :cheers2:

4. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

You have to pull the door panel. Not hard tho.

5. liter of cola

liter of cola X tra L arge

just like west said im bettin the contacts are dirty...if that doesnt fix it id call ford about that warranty

6. DarkShadowSTX

DarkShadowSTX the "brat"

well i got my switch box out and the contacts all look good but i'll hit them anyway. and i just popped it out of the armrest, no need to take the door panel off

7. DarkShadowSTX

DarkShadowSTX the "brat"

Thanks West! :cheers2: That took care of it, window goes up all the time now and without a single hesitation. Once I started rocking the switches when it was apart I could see which ones were a little dirty and it seemed like all of them were for the up direction on every switch.

8. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

nice

9. bigstomper66

bigstomper66 Junior Member

Okay I just ran into the same problem but its my rear passenger window and it will not go up at all, it will go down but not up. but i never had a problem with it not going up sometimes it just stopped the other day. i was told the regulator or the motor is bad but could this be the same situation as DarkShadowSTX. because i would assume that is an expensive fix. but i dont get how the motor is bad if it will still go down. im lost, can anyone help?

10. TLSF150

TLSF150 Full Access Member

Yeah try cleaning the contacts.. Its always worth a shot..