DVD player malfunction

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Planecrazy210, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Planecrazy210

Planecrazy210 Junior Member

Hey, I'm new to this site so bare with me. Hope this question is in the right section. My 04 expedition's (factory) DVD player quit working about a month ago. When I put a DVD in the video comes on but I get no sound. I have wireless headsets that used to work and now they don't. And for some reason I can't even select the DVD player from the main deck. It's like it doesn't even exist. I went out one morning to go to work only to find my battery was dead and I could hear the DVD player making clicking noises. It should turn off when I turn off the truck or open the door I thought. This thing used to work perfect. I did see the other day a small water stain in the headliner that looked like it came from the sunroof or around the door seal. I suppose if water got back there and into the electronics that could explain my problem. Has anyone else had this kind of a problem? I don't even know where to begin with this thing. Besides taking it to a dealer does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks...

2. Zuk on 39s

Zuk on 39s Banned

welcome to the site

I cant really help much but going by what you said i'd say it got water damaged.

3. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

Welcome to FFS.com! I am not a electrical/ stereo guy so I have no idea. Might want to swing by a stereo shop and get them to look at it.

J.Wal

4. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

:welcome: that doesn't sound good. Sounds like the head unit is fried. I would put go out and pick up a new aftermarket one.

5. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    water damage for sure. the reason the dvd wore your battery down was that it thought it had one stuck, and it will run until it fixes that problem (my 6disc unit did that tryin to eject a cd). sounds like its time for an upgrade (same boat i'm in).

make sure to post up a Welcome thread and post some pics of your Fords. Welcome to FFS!

6. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

:imwithstupid:

7. Planecrazy210

Planecrazy210 Junior Member

I appreciate all the help and advice everyone. Looks like it might be an upgrade after all. I'm sure a factory one might cost as much as the truck at this point : ). Who knows. I'll have to look into it. It's a cool feature to have in the truck no doubt but with all these iPads and stuff out there now, it might be better just to buy a couple of those, download movies and throw them back there for the kids to watch. We'll see.. Again, thanks everyone....

8. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    That was my exact thinking when my 6disc went out. Keep us posted on your decision on a headunit.