edge?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by liter of cola, Dec 9, 2010.

1. liter of cola

liter of cola X tra L arge

are the edge evo products really worth the penny? ive been looking into getting one but wanna know for sure before i spend 400 scrillas......

2. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Yes there worth it man.There worth it for your tires,your speedo,your tranny and your engine.Look on www.ebay.com for the best deals.You can find them for around 250-300 shipped if you look hard enough.I have the Edge Evo and i love it.Woke my truck right up.With the Evo,the throttle lag that plagues our trucks is gone.Can adjust your shift point to make more crisp shifting(better for a longer lasting tranny)Gain at least 1mpg with the right settings.Adjust your trucks computers for your 35's and in turn will correct your speedo being off.The extra torque and power is nice also.Any questions let me know.Thie top 5 investments for you'r truck.

3. liter of cola

sounds like youve made up my mind! i found them new on ebay with the dashpod for 339 shipped....ive heard bad stories about people buying them used and they are locked? i found one used on craiglist in my area for 250 with dash pod, original box, cables, and manuals...what ?s should i have for this guy and his used one?

4. backwoodscountryman

Well make sure its unlocked when you get there.Have him keep it in his truck till you get there,hook it up and make sure it reads 0 and then you will know its back at stock and not locked.Maybe before that have him run thru the buttons to make sure they work,things show up like they should.Also make sure he has the fusion CD.I got mine for 280 with everything from a guy 2 towns over from where i live.

5. liter of cola

thanks for the help! im gonna give him a call tomorrow!

6. backwoodscountryman

Thats cool.Ya also just make sure the cords arent frayed.If you think there is something fishy,dont hesitate to walk away man.After all it's you'r money

7. liter of cola

yep yep definatley...

8. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    NO! They are NOT Worth the SKRILLA!

Although they are a great product, once you start upgrading your truck, exhaust, CAI, headers, etc, then the Edge Evo becomes less productive lets say. It's tunes are designed for the factory truck, no upgrades. upgrading does increase airflow w/ the 3 mods i mentioned, but the Evo can't account for that.

Now, the SCT lines not only have awesome factory (canned) tunes, but can be fully customizable. I have the SF3, and not only does it hold 3 canned tunes, but I can hold up to 3 additional custom tunes in the unit. It also does code read/clear, and can also do data logging. I have owned both the Evo and now the SF3, and I wish I never blew the money on the Evo. Plus, you can get an SCT SF3 for like 315-350.

Just my $.02.

9. LightDuty

LightDuty Full Access Member

I have a 2001 F150 5.4 with 131xxx miles, would it be a bad idea to get an Edge because of the higher mileage, or does that not matter?

10. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    no, it doesnt matter. if you are on this forum, then even though you have high miles, your truck is more than likely well taken care of, mechanically speaking. a tuner would be a good investment at any mileage reading IMHO.