Having some audio issues...

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Taylor_allen92, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Taylor_allen92

Taylor_allen92 Full Access Member

Well i'm not the best when it comes to audio, but I am installing an Eonon double din head unit in my truck. I got the connectors spliced together with wire nuts and the radio turns on and lights up as it should, but once I put a cd or dvd in, or even randomly driving with the radio on, the head unit screen goes black but is still on and the lights on the head unit fade. The only way to fix this is pull the plug and then plug it back on till it does it again... It's almost like a protection mode?

The other issue is that when i turn the truck off and take the keys out, the head unit appears to be off, but I can still hear the music playing quietly.

Been doing quite a bit of research and I'm not really having any luck with my particular situation, so any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Can you long term bench test the head unit
    to eliminate the truck's wiring
    or the possibility of an error in wiring?

3. Taylor_allen92

Taylor_allen92 Full Access Member

Thank you for responding! But I think the main issue is resolved so hopefully I won't have to bench test it. I posted this same issue to a "car audio forum" a few days ago and one guy suggested connecting a constant 12V power source and that seems to have solved it.

But the music is still playing once I take the keys out and open the door -_- any clues? The head unit appears to be off but still plays music quietly.

4. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I would check the connections. Not a big fan of wire nuts for car electrical.