Heater & AC Blower Motor won't RUN!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by maanonsen, Feb 17, 2017.

1. maanonsen

maanonsen Junior Member

Hi Folks,

Problem with my 2003 Ford F250 2wd. auto 5.8lt. pickup. I cannot get the blower motor to run for the life of me! I bought the truck at auction, and thought it would be an easy fix.

So far:
    I've replaced the dash switch (blower motor or fan); Installed a NEW blower motor; NEW blower motor relay, and checked all the fuses and relays, but I get nothing?! Very frustrating as it shouldn't be this hard to fix. Any ideas?

I am thinking it may be "ground" gremlin somewhere? This truck came with a backrack system, revolving lights, spotlights, blinking lights, etc... and maybe something is crossed up with that wiring? I can sometimes get the motor (by turning the switch on and off) to run for like a second, then it goes out.

I joined this group because I love ford trucks and like helping others out when I can. But, now I need your collective thoughts and ideas on what I might do to figure out this problem?

Any ideas or thoughts on how to figure this out is appreciated!
    Mark

2. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

Have you looked at the resistor connector located to the lower right of where the blower motor mounts on the firewall?
    Some of these connectors can get corrosion in the male to female terminals causing "brown outs" or poor connections.
    Far as I remember Ford controls the speeds thru a resistor block behind this connector using the ground side of the motor.

There is a built in fuse on the resistor block behind this connector, but since you said it has been coming on, I see no need to replace it as of yet.

Check this out and let us know what you find as far as corrosion, clean as best you can each metal terminal, should be 10 in total to clean.

Tiny brass brush, metal pick,
    Very pointed blade screwdriver or such.
    Apply dielectric grease an plug back in after all terminals are shiny brass cleaned.

Hope this helps.
    Joe aka
    Roush PSD Interceptor

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  3. maanonsen

maanonsen Junior Member

Joe - Thanks for the tip. I will try it next free & warmer day I have. It has to be something like this I feel as well. Either this, or a loose or missing ground somewhere? I don't think the motor ever came on, it was more like I could possible hear the control know doing something? It would be a short and quick sound, so maybe the resisitor could be bad after all, but I think I replaced the resistor when I replaced the motor.

It may take me a bit to get back to you so please be p

Roush PSD Interceptor likes this.