Help, Opinions,Thoughts and Concerns

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Bee89, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Bee89

Bee89 Super Moderator

I have officially decided that i'm not going to lower the truck. I just dont want to be in a lowered vehicle again. On the other hand i was thinking that while im not going to lift the truck i could level it and get slightly larger tires, remove foot steps etc. Shes almost ready for new shoes so i have been contemplating this for about a week.

It is already running a 275/55/20 which is 31.9x10.8 and I would also keep my stock wheels ( i see no sense in changing them, at least not for now).

Found this in my google searches 305/55/20 terra graps and a 2.5 HBS level

I like how it looks and dont think that its much different than the way she sits now just a little taller. My concerns are firstly rubbing, what tire to choose for all street driving, if another size would be better and the leveling kit 2 or 2.5?. They make my current tires in that size they have lasted me over 30k miles (shame on me for not rotating them like i should probably couldve lasted a bit longer) but im not sure if i should go with them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how she currently sits for direct comparison.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the long winded post fellas !:mwah1:

2. 4ctNduction

4ctNduction Truck of the Century

the first three pics it sits kinda like adams truck.......

3. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

3" leveling kit. 1" block or AAL. Terra graps and to lose that front lip. That truck would be awesome

4. Bee89

Bee89 Super Moderator

Now youre getting a little too creative Greg :jester:

5. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

See if you can find raiderhaters? I think is her name. Her truck was setup like I said before she lifted it if I remember right

6. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

you can get away with a 2" leveling kit, if your not going to go any larger that 33's. You may have to loose the front clip ground effects. You still may get rubbing on your LCA's just from the 2" width difference. As far as tires, if your truck doesn't see the sight of dirt I would just go with a good highway tire.

7. Bee89

Bee89 Super Moderator

Its just more than I really want or need.

Thanks Nick !

Would going with the 2.5" let me save the front clip and possibly avoid the rubbing on the LCA's without compromising any other parts, or is that going to put me in a whole new set of issues?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  8. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

not really because at that point it's more about the width of the tire than the actual diameter.

I have a 2.5" level on my front my tires are 295/75/18 which is only 10 mm smaller width wise and mine rub on the LCA's. What I would do is full lock the tires and get up under your truck and measure to see how far your rubber is from the LCA's

9. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

I'm with him. The valence makes it look like a street truck, if you were to level it you'd have to take that front "chin spoiler" off or it'd look retarded IMO. If I were you I'd either throw drop shackles on and call it a day or level it 2.5" (upper A arm angle on a 3" is scary, seen it in person, but then again it'd be strictly street) lol

10. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

i think nick is right. a good highway tire will get better mileage anyway. does the truck you googled have any information on what they are running? it would be a clean set up for sure