HID's from HIDnation

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by cowboy, Jan 14, 2011.

1. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

That's cool just jerking your chain

2. f150stunner

f150stunner Junior Member

got it, thanks bud! :peace: you ever tried hid's on your truck?

3. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

I had them on the 150 but not on this one

4. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    Here's my gripe about HIDNation. First off, i got the regular ballasts, but w/ lifetime warranty's. Ok, so no where on the site, in the instructions, does it say that the ballasts ARE NOT WATER TIGHT! Yea, you heard me. I had the set, both fog and headlamps, on my truck for a wk! The first rainstorm we got that I drove too shut the system down. I get home, try to figure out whats wrong. As I remove the ballasts (they are mounted behind my bumper, far off the ground) water comes pouring out. not a drip or dribble, like someone poured a full glass in it. WTF man! I understand the connections might not be water tight, but the damn wires going into the ballasts, you're tellin me as a company you cant silicone that up real quick before you ship out?

SCAM! They do this so you just have to keep re-ordering lifetime replacement kits. Even though I have the warranties, i'm still debating if its worth cashing in on it. I've gone through more HID kits then I have regular bulbs... yet HID has a longer lifetime? Pssssh :flipthebird: HIDNation

5. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

hahahahahaha tell em vano

6. f150stunner

Man that sucks.. when i bought my kit, they told me to get the slim digital ballasts because they were FULLY waterproof and shockproof or whatever.. i figured that if i was going to be spending that much money anyway, might as get the really good quality ones. I know from previous experiences that any electrical item is not covered under that manufacturers warranty, dont they have terms for their warranty?

7. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

had they mentioned on their site that the regulars were junk, i would have went w/ the better ones, or a set from 3rd Gear for the same price and quality I already know. And they do have warranty terms. but i have been emailing them, and since I have the full warranty, their are 2 options: 1 is to send in my kit and then get it replaced after they look it over. the other is to just pay for "processing" and get a new set of ballasts w/out sending mine in. so I would need 4 ballasts, and who knows if my bulbs are good still cuz I cant test them. :flipthebird:

Gonna talk the gf into doin a custom set of projectors from SICKHD or whatever that guy is that did J walton's set.

8. f150stunner

yeah from what ive seen is that most of those hid companies only sell the regular dc ballasts.. and thats basically what u get for the price you pay! if you wanted to get the really good quality stuff.. you would have to pay a little more.. and you figure, it saves you a headache in the future. well how much is that processing fee..? that would be cool if they actually could satisfy you and you not have to send anything back to them.. you should try calling them. i found a pretty cool video that may help you see if your bulbs work

YouTube - Testing HID Kit on Vehicle Battery

9. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

yea, you are right, you get what you pay for. thought it would atleast last more than 1 wk though. stupid. 1 tab of silicone and it would have been sealed. lazy! As for that video, it helps, but only if you have ballasts. and I cant check that until I get good ones. But what i was sayin, what if i order the new ballasts just to find out my bulbs are bad... just gotta order new sets and i'll have extra ballasts, or order new bulbs. either way, projectors are lookin better and better. like you said, get what you pay for.