hmmmm

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by metropolis909, Feb 25, 2011.

1. MHC-F150

MHC-F150 Full Access Member

Well how much if any do you owe on your current truck? Gotta take that price straight off the top if you trade or sell. Also have to factor in TTL, GAP insurance if you get it, any extended warranty, interest, typically higher rate insurance for a newer truck, etc. Then gas to fill it, any services you have to perform due to mechanical failure, and of course the cost of modding the truck.

Personally though, sounds like you're expectations are higher than the amount you want to pay per month. Only way I can possible foresee you getting into a newish F150 FX4 like you want, is if you get a high mileage unit, which you don't want. So you may need to adjust your priorities, or up the amount you'd be willing to pay per month.

How are the tires? Can't tell from this pic, but they look decently worn from what I can tell.

Exactly. Don't jump at the first option and settle. Wait for the right truck to come along.

Personally if I were you, based on your expectations of moving out, I'd pay off the existing truck and run it into the ground. I can't foresee you paying as much for keeping this truck going, as you would if you had a new higher monthly payment, higher insurance and in a few years be where you are at today with the mileage.

2. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

im rockin 172k on my 06...i got it from my dad its his old company truck and i got it with 120k

3. MHC-F150

MHC-F150 Full Access Member

Holy Sheet!!! 172K on a 2006, WOW.

I thought I had a lot on my 2006, which just rolled over 37k.

4. metropolis909

metropolis909 Full Access Member

this truck is 100% paid off. :-D it was paid off day ibought it for 10000. soo thats not the issue... the payment is do able... if the dealers are willing to negotiate... if i can get a truck down to 13-15k with trade i can get a 250-300 payment roughly. but ibeen thinking keeping this truck tho... just the problem is...i got a shopping list to do to it...

gears, ladder bars,serivce tranny, find clunk in front end, install parking brake, pads in front. check rears. i really want power windows and was thinking converting my truck to power windows...

5. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

git r done brother, you got a sweet truck

6. metropolis909

but now with my ticket for altered suspension... im kinda screwed... and if i lose the battle the insurance company said they`ll drop me and i gotta find new one soo..

7. iowaredneck

that's bogus

8. metropolis909

yea cuz the second i got the ticket next day i called them and they said they`d drop me if i get nailed... so idk...

9. iowaredneck

gotta love it, you pay them and then they want to drop you

10. metropolis909

yeah and by them dropping me... kinda screws me for the next insurance they`d probably charge me a stupid amount....