hmmmm

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by metropolis909, Feb 25, 2011.

1. jlyoung08

jlyoung08 gumby

id take her anywhere...i replaced the fuel ppump and doing plugs soon...shes been good to me...when i got it it was alll highway miles my dad works in the woodlands and we live in nederland prolly 2hrs or so away so its alot of back and forth so it adds up..but ived owned it since 08 and i do a ton a driving so im cool with it

2. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Ya thats allot of miles.

My opinion.Buy new.N no dam chevy or we gotta ban you.lol

3. MHC-F150

MHC-F150 Full Access Member

So if the truck is paid for, why not this. Fix up the truck as you stated it needs. Afterwards, starting putting that money away. Then you can have a downpayment for a Mustang or other car of your choosing. You'd have you badass truck for wheelin, bad weather and hauling. And you'd have a good looking DD to save you on gas and wear on the truck. Of course the downside would be carrying insurance on both vehicles.

Dude that sucks.

Oh I have no doubt that rig is running like a top. I was just making the comment. Truck still looks good from what I can see. So as long as you keep her mechanically sound, it'll last quite a while.

And I hear you on putting the miles on. When I was younger, I drove a ton, with a lot of trips back/forth from Denver to Phoenix. Now with a family, home, and my 9-5, don't get to travel as much.

4. metropolis909

metropolis909 Full Access Member

well i just got new news... lol my sister is most likely gonna rent my grams house.. meaning i still gotta take care of the lawn... which also means me plowing the snow with my atv... and i dont feel like getting up at 530 ami ish to go plow ger out with the atv. and have to trailer it... soo i thinking going for a 3/4 ton truck possibly diesel with a plow. sooo i can leave like 30 mins earlier for work and hit the drive way...

5. DarkShadowSTX

DarkShadowSTX the "brat"

sweet. get a nice 7.3 then

6. metropolis909

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  7. metropolis909

8. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

:peace:

9. DarkShadowSTX

DarkShadowSTX the "brat"

that looks nice but if it were me, i would never buy a plow truck. you don't know the whole maintenance history on them and i know how people run them around my area, they run the living s*** out of em. guys will be doing parking lots with a super duty or something 3/4 ton+ at like 20mph and just slam into the snowpiles, think of how much unknown damage that can cause. just my .02

10. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

i will agree with lee on this one. they slam the plow trucks around here like demolition derby trucks