I need help

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Lance Kirby, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Lance Kirby

Lance Kirby Junior Member

I have an F250 03 5.4 triton I was listening to music. I went to start it it was dead I jumped. It drove it home. We just started again. No crank try to jump it nothing and since I have replaced the neutral safety, switch the ignition switch the battery the alternator starter, tested good relays fuses. I have battery voltage at the ignition switch. I do not have battery voltage at the starter if I jump the two post on the starter it does turn over when tested. I have one lead going to the battery from the multi meter and one lead going to the large post on the starter zero voltage if I move the lead over to the small post on the starter I have battery voltage, but still no crank

2. 4ctNduction

4ctNduction Truck of the Century

i barely sifted through this post, but my 5.4 would do the same thig and i replaced the starter and that was the issue. On mine, if i tried to start it and let off the key before it turned on..it would act like the truck was dead and id have to jump start it. If i got under the truck and beat the shit out of it, the truck would turn on.

3. Lance Kirby

Lance Kirby Junior Member

Well I just replaced the fuse box because nobody can figure it out. I took the starter and had it test good. And even when I bypass ignition switch and put a remote starter it turns over just fine. But it won’t start. I have hammered on the starter but got nothing