I wanna bag my truck and need alil help

Discussion in 'Lowered' started by Gallegos47chief, Sep 14, 2011.

1. c418

c418 Full Access Member

:welcome: we have some good know-how on the site. you'll find what you need

2. Big'un

Big'un BillyBadAss

zach where r u? lol

3. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

zach said he neede to see some suspension action around here

4. Big'un

Big'un BillyBadAss

yep :jester:

5. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

:welcome: dude. pretty much what 4ctn said. But are you planning for a stock ride height? Then let it sit all the way down till your resting on frame? B/c if your only gonna bag it for a few more inches without laying frame, it would be a waste imo

6. supercrewzn

supercrewzn Full Access Member

Welcome and what would you like to know? I've had 2 bagged trucks and picking another one up this weekend. I've been around the bagging scene for a while.

7. Zuk on 39s

Zuk on 39s Banned

Welcome to the site. Far as your air ride questions....I dont know what all is out there b/c i havent messed with it 10 years but like said above they make complete kits and you will pay dearly for them but in the long run you might be better off.

I bagged my s10 nearly 10 years ago and got alot of the parts i needed from one company but I built my kit piece by piece with the parts i wanted. I went all 1/2" parts (air lines, fittings, valves) at the time 3/4 and 1" was rare to see but was available. i went with a 5gal tank with 8 1/2" ports and a viar 450 compressor. 2500lb firestone bags on all 4 corners with 1/2 ports. 8 SMC 1/2" valves (each wheel had its own up and down valve). I did not "T" off my lines. I had 4 lines that each went to there own corner. Dont skimp on the valves, get SMC valves. With this setup I could hop the whole damn truck about 4-6 inches off the ground and that was not my goal but thats how fast it was.

If you want fast response on the lift go with 1/2 or bigger system. The smaller you go the slower the lift/drop.

THE MAIN THING is dont restrict your air flow, ex. if you have 1/2 lines and valves and you buy bags with 3/8 or 1/4 ports you just wasted your money on the 1/2 stuff. Your system is only as big as your smallest valve, port, line or fitting. Keep it the same all the way. If you run one line from the tank and "T" off for 4 corners you'll slow it down a lil too. Its like funneling 145psi into 4 directions and resticts the flow. If you do a seperate line for each bag you will have 145psi at each bag at all times ready to go. Also Mount your valves as close to the bag as you can if you want a speedy system.
    The only thing i would of changed lookin back now, I would of got 3/8 dump valves b/c it was just too fast of a drop, i ended up buyin reducer fittings to slow it down.

Maybe there was a lil info in all that that you could possibly use.

8. 4ctNduction

4ctNduction Truck of the Century

hopefully you have drop spindles in the front as well. wouldnt want wicked camber when it lays out (atleast i dont like that)

9. ADTR288

ADTR288 Full Access Member

probably start by pulling the bed and designing your notch if your not buying a prefeb, second thing to consider is compressor and tank mount and how much of the bed you wanna cut out.
    next check the offset of your rear wheels, will they tuck if you cut the inner lip of the fender?
    also are you already running a 35series tire maybe 40? that will probably help you clear.
    next thing to figure out is how low exactly your gonna go, me personally i would just make it able to lay frame. cut the wheel wells out of the bed and out from under the hood and relocate a couple different things.
    next have you decided on capacity for an air tank? i would probably go for a 8 gallon atleast maybe even more, then compressor selection.
    are you gonna go viair? i would do 2 480's or maybe one tc5000?
    what air line size are you gonna run, for fullsize it wouldnt hurt to run 5/8's or 3/4 but then you gotta look at valve prices and what you wanna pay, obviously bigger the line faster it can air up the bag.
    then consider switch box, do you want just front and rear select or do you want independent wheel along with preset switch like for when your parking just dump the whole truck out.
    most importantly who gonna be doing this?
    enough beers and skilled friend could probably do this in a night or two as long as you have everything you need.

p.s. say goodbye to any kind of alignment and tire wear lol i would still dump it out tho..

like they say bag and drag it!

10. 4ctNduction

4ctNduction Truck of the Century

static drops are for real drivers i.m.o