Lift

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Cougar, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Cougar

Cougar Photographer

This is just for future use when I buy my truck. Where are the best places to buy a lift kit? How much do they normally run? Since I can't install mine (wishes there was someone near me to put it on for me) how much do you think it will cost me to have someone install it?

How high can the lift kits go (as in height).

Thanks guys and gals!!

2. agjake11

agjake11 Suck my tailpipe

4,6,8,12 inches plus options of added spacers and bl's

look online and 4wp or classifieds (got mine new from a member on another site)

3. Raiderh8r89

Raiderh8r89 *Ford Girl*

I got my lift through 4wheelparts. You just have to search around for best prices. I was able to go and pick my lift up from one of their stores (to cut the cost of shipping).

Depending on the type and quality of the lift, you'll pay anywhere from $1k-around $3500. I decided to go with a 6" coilover kit, which gives a better ride. Coilovers are expensive, but I figured if I was going to lift my truck, I was going to do it right and I was going to do it the way I wanted it to be done.

As far as installation goes, knowing somebody is definitely the ticket ;) (Thanks George!) LOL. 4wheelparts charged me $500 just for the regearing! They wanted to charge me over a grand for the lift installation... lifting your rig isn't a cheap thing to do lol.

4. liter of cola

liter of cola X tra L arge

like raider said...it is expensive...this is why i only did a leveling kit and may eventually get bigger....i dont offroad my truck so i have no use for a full lift other than looks...i think leveled trucks with bigger tires look just as good as a big lift with bigger tires...

5. Big'un

Big'un BillyBadAss

rough country 6" for $1399 ftw!

6. twin

twin bamf president

Id go with rough country....but people have different opinions.....but yes lifting is pricey cause let's say 2000 for fabtech 6" and well say my old graps ran 1200 so there's 3200 then install and mount/balance so just for my old setup prob a good 4-4500 bux :/

7. Buckshot85

Buckshot85 Full Access Member

I got mine from 4wheelparts as well. the entire kit including the adjustable shocks ran me 2044 shipped. and thats from cali. to south carolina. but i knew they were a company i could trust. thats th only reason i ordered from them. They also are the cheapest i found near me to install. but i did it myself

8. Raevsky97

Raevsky97 bagged 97 f150

bag your truck for free!!!! minus parts.... so $1000?

9. yz85rider2002

yz85rider2002 Lowered Life

i paid right at 1600 for my 6" from rough country