Mudding video

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by K5rnt, Oct 16, 2012.

1. The Batman

The Batman Rest In Piece

maxxis mudders ftmfw!!!

2. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Say what! mud grapplers stuck! That's impossible!

3. 2011F150

2011F150 Full Access Member

Yes i've owned three of them 97-00-02 none of wich ever sucked in muddy water. I know the air inlet is in the fender i just assumed you covered that like i always did i made my own plug for the inlet particularly for mudding cause yeah thats a wide open door....again i don't recall ever having that issue while it was plugged.:Grenade:sounds like a problem waiting to happen.
    Or you could just run a CIA that has an inclosed box i forget the name of the one my buddy had a Volant i believe.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  4. 2011F150

Do it!!:waytogo: I had 6" and 3" body on my 02 FX4 Lariet F150 with 38's and 4.10's i think the power would have been better deffinately with some 4.88's or so but after the 38's went on i don't recall having any issues with getting stuck course i had a detroit locker on my rear as well as BFG MT KM1's. Miss that truck everytime i see one like yours. Truck looks great:waytogo:

5. K5rnt

K5rnt Full Access Member

Ok I'm not sure I understand your "plug the inlet" idea. Forgive my ignorance. If you put a plug in it how does the truck even run?
    I had a cold air with a k&n on my last truck a 97 reg can swb 4.6 5 speed. And I will never put another k&n on a 4x4. A paper filter will at least stop some of the water. I blew a motor in that truck from the same type situation in the video. So yeah that's why I'm thinking snorkel. I just really don't want to cut a hole in that fender

6. 2011F150

Nah man your not ignorant, i've never seen anybody else do it but yes your truck will run fine, we made a plug out of steel and put a rubber seal around it. Your air box still pulls in air from joints and other places. But not directly above where your tires spinning 50+ MPH. I believe its my dads 99 Chevy 5.3L that we realized it doesn't have an actual inlet on it. Like the Volant (in a box) not an open air filter like the K&N i wouldn't use those period. No oil based filter is going to be on my intake no matter how long you let them dry after rewetting them they are still wet with OIL. If your going to be putting the truck in that deep of mud a lot then your absolutely right a snorkle would be your best bet but i just assumed it was more so an accident getting that deep. my bad for thinking you just wanted that as a percaution. I don't blame you a bit if you do it cause your like getting that deep. Im not big on water crossings i was more mud and rocks.

7. 2011F150

I think my buddy did one of these on his chevy....

Ford Safari Snorkels

His mixed in pretty well but his truck was black..

Heres the Volant if you wanted to look at what it looks like still not too keen on the idea of oiled air filters but they have been around a while maybe someone else can chime in and correct me if im wrong for worrying about the oil recharging kits

http://www.volant.com/edetail.asp?id=52

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  8. K5rnt

K5rnt Full Access Member

I don't really like to get that deep but it does happen from time to time lol.
    The truck is really more of a toy than anything else. I have a company truck I drive daily and the wife has an Expy that we take if we go anywhere so I only drive my truck maybe once a week across town or something.

9. K5rnt

K5rnt Full Access Member

Like you said I'm more a mud guy myself but I have this problem where I really push the truck to far lol

10. 2011F150

Shoot man you wouldn't ever know what it can take or do without pushing it, keep it up and keep shoot'n videos i love watchin.