need advice brothers

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rrogers, Jan 15, 2011.

1. twin

twin bamf president

i mean if he has proof the studs and what not are replaced....sign tonight and then ill trade ya my truck

2. twin

twin bamf president

well i was close i said min. and to think labor prices are still goin up

3. Big'un

Big'un BillyBadAss

once a problem always a problem...... look how many f250s with 6.0s r for sale vs f250s with 7.3s

4. twin

twin bamf president

good point

5. rrogers

rrogers Supporting Member

its a hard decision i like the truck a lot but he seems so happy to want to trade im supposed to give him am answer by wed

6. liter of cola

liter of cola X tra L arge

id say if you have proof of some updated repairs then do it...do you need the diesel power or just like the idea of one? i almost bought a 05 f250 when i was lookin at my f150 but i would rarley need that much power...but the life expectancy of a diesel and having the power when i needed it seemed good to me...but not paying the price of diesel fuel led me to the f150...to each is his own i guess it all comes down to you...you have driven the truck and seen it first person and we havent...

7. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

I've got a boner for both. cant help you lol

8. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Your past 2 statements have proven you do really have "chit for brains" :birgits_tiredcoffee anyway on with the topic.....the 6.0 did in fact have head bolt problems in STOCK form. Stupid people would hook a programmer to them and put it on 125-150 hp and run the dog crap out of it and then say "they are junk" well the fact is ANY diesel that is not used the right way (or in the hands of kids) will do the same thing. :Grenade:

If the stock head bolts can be confirmed to have been changed and the EGR has been deleted (stock one was to small for the amount of power/exhaust it could (or needed) to get out.... so your better off just deleting it and being done with it. If you go to a diesel forum and ask around they will tell you the same thing. In stock form if you want to mod it they need these things done. If these things have been done the sky is the limit on what you can do.

I personally love the 7.3 so I won't tell you to make the the trade (unless you want the truck) but would hold out for a 6.4 or 6.7 or even a really nice 7.3 in a older model. That is a great looking truck but so is yours.

My call is keep your truck cause it's dope :chewie:

9. tater

tater I WANT IT ALL

keep your truck

10. deboer03150

deboer03150 Banned

a buddy i know has had i think 3 350s with the 6.0 and all 3 have had the turbos go out around 75k he now has a 6.4 last i new