need advice brothers

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rrogers, Jan 15, 2011.

1. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    Rogers, I'm currently thinking of gettin a new truck. cant decide whether its gonna be the EcoBoost (its towing numbers are greatest of all engine offered) or a new 6.4 diesel (cant afford a 6.7 yet). I seldom get into the towin range that the 250 offers, but the longevity and ability to tow whatever if need be is what is drawin me to them. i have 110k on my truck and she runs righteous still.

As far as this trade goes, I'm leanin like most and say verify the studs and other mods have already been done, otherwise this guy is just tryin to get out of it before the shit hits the fans. No one, i mean NO ONE, is that eager to get out of a diesel unless its for 2 reasons: mechanical issues, or price of gas/low mpg's.

The truck is sweet, just like your current. In the end, its all what you think. Good luck!

2. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

ricky that's a tough one. i am a huge fan of 250's, but not the 6.0l. if all the repair work has been done then you should be okay, but if not then i would steer clear. i would get the truck looked over, guy sounds too willing to just trade straight up. good luck man!

3. mustangwarrior

mustangwarrior Full Access Member

keep ur truck, the 6.0s have problems, friend of mine had the 6.0 in a couple of his tow trucks, just did about $6k in work to each of them at about 75K, but now they are supposed to be good to go, but can you dish out $6k to fix it?

4. LightDuty

LightDuty Full Access Member

I would not trade. I work at a Ford Dealership and we're always pushing the 6.0s into the garage. We have tons of customers spending thousands of dollars to repair their 6.0 every week. Your truck is dope, keep it.