Need help with Edge Evo software update

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by backwoodscountryman, Jan 5, 2011.

1. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

OK so i am wanting to check for upgrades to my Edge Evo thru the CD and its user web site.I am reading in the book that i have to return the truck back to stock.Is this true?I never did run updates when i got it from a another F-150 Forum member.I just plugged it right and started playing.

This is what it says.
    "Be sure to return your vehicle to stock before connecting the device to Fusion" The device means the programmer itself right?

Any help would be great all.

OK now another problem when installing just the CD.This is what came up.Really need help with this."

"The software you are installing has not passed window logo testing to verify its compatibility with with Windows XP

"Continuing with this installation of this software may may Impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future.Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation"

Anybody else run into this problem?Need help.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Yeah, set the truck back to stock before doing any updates to the programmer.

I've never used the CD, just downloaded the newest software from the website.

3. backwoodscountryman

backwoodscountryman Broken Truck Edition

Ya just tried doing that.No joy.Same thing came up.I'm gonna call Edge in the morning to see whats up.Thanks anyways man.

4. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

Yep had that same install issue with my Windows 7 laptop. I Just went ahead and continued anyway. That at least is what the instructions I pulled down said.

I would also pull the software from their site since that will be the most up to date version.

Yes before I do any updates to the programmer I always turn my truck to stock. Hell everytime I pull it out of the truck I return it to stock. If you disconnect the battery return it to stock first. I'm paranoid, but it can never hurt or get the computer in a weird state.