New ideas for the site..

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Shaggy, Feb 24, 2015.

1. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

I think the lack of activity causes people to show up, lose interest and move on with their lives. Used to, i would get on tapatalk in the morning and have 20+ new posts to look through, now theres about 4-5 average per day :jester:. I don't think there's anything that can be done for people because like bama said. most people are just getting on facebook groups for their info :shrug:

2. TLSF150

TLSF150 Full Access Member

I think if we banned puppy boner some people would come back

3. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

We lost West, Batman, Robin, Vano, Big'Un, and Ricky. All guys who helped start this place and 1/2 of them were mods...

I think that was part of it also. I also saw a thread on a snowmachine forum asking if Facespace and Instagrim were taking away posts, they had seen a decrease in activity this year also.

4. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

Yup. Most people are using Facebook now because they can ask and get responses asap. The forum takes a little longer but the answer you get are far better with less trolls. I'm a member on multiple forums and Facebook groups and Facebook is always more active than the forums are.

Here's a prime example of the way people are thinking. uploadfromtaptalk1425485459822.jpg

Edit: Idk why my screenshots and pics show up so small..

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

What I see on the other forums are the same old questions too. What size tires, what chip, what lift, what lights... I get tired of answering the same question 100x for someone that can't search, and then leaves after they get the answer they want.

6. MyFX4Project

MyFX4Project TRUCKIT

Yup. I don't even log on as much as I used to because it's the same ol repetitive stuff. Guess that's how internet forums work though. Nobody will read an FAQ thread so there no point in that either. I just keep myself updated on certain builds.

7. mtnlovrs

mtnlovrs Full Access Member

I admit that I haven't wrote much at this site (or any site, for that matter). But it's not because the site has become less desirable to me... it's because I just don't have a lot of time to spend at any forum. I have plenty to write about, though. I have been working on a few upgrades to my truck, but have been spending most of my time with family (grand children, etc.) and rebuilding my 97 Explorer.
    Of all the F-150 forums out there, I still think this one is the best and so is the skin. I have real bad eye sight and this one is the easiest for me to read. Thanks to all of you who have worked so hard to make it what it is today.:cheers2:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  8. mtnlovrs

Did they actually pull their membership, or are they just dormant at this site right now?

9. mtnlovrs

I know that I'm an antique myself, but I don't even have a Facebook account - nor do I want one. There is way to much personal information tossed around there, like it doesn't matter. I know the government and employers use Facebook all the time to snoop into people's personal lives and to weed out applicants. :hmm:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  10. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

They just haven't signed on in over a year