Pity7700 Build thread, why not? pic heavy!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Pity7700, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

lol thanks jon. you should get one!

2. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

alright guys i got the Rancho stabilizer bracket in today, sadly i wont get the stabilizer till tomorrow and i have to work so probably wont have pics of that till late tomorrow depeding on what time i get off or wednesday.

the kits gives you all brackets and hardware needed to install the stabilizer.

the big bracket in the kit goes right over top of the idler arm bracket. you have to take the idler arm bracket bolts out, put the stabilizer bracket on top and put new bolts that they provide in the kit (24mm bolts) through the stabilizer bracket and the idler arm. torque to 160 ft/lbs.

heres the bracket
    [​IMG]

here it is installed

[​IMG]

the kit also gives you a small black bracket to install on this bracket.

this bracket that has the two U-bolts on it mounts on the center link/drag link.

[​IMG]

installed on the center link

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i thought about doing a HOW-TO thread but the directions are pretty straight forward and easy to understand.

ill post up when i install the stabilizer as well as the results of the install.

3. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

back to what i posted in the other thread. I tihnk its just all the guys who had a bad experience. Or did something dumb to cause it to happen is all.

4. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

yea like i said. it doesnt seem like it would put so much added stress that it would start blowing tie rods. ill be the test dummy i guess lol.

5. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

got it installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i took the truck off-road real quick on a trail to see if the wheel jumped and if there was any difference in steering. steering feels smoother over bumps and the wheel didnt jump. i will post up in the next few days after i get to do some driving around on it. i have to take a look at the bracket on the right of the picture tomorrow, i believe it has to be flipped the opposite way.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  6. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Is that a gears of war 360 controller i see? :hmm: On another note, i hate it when directions dont tell you how to do something. Thats what there meant for.

7. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

lol i just edited my post. the bracket can hardly be seen in the picture. i have it mounted right but i think i have to take the bracket off and turn it so the stabilizer mount is on the outside and the U-bolts are on the inside. i agree, they show how to do the other bracket but not this one lol

and yes its a gears of war controller, its actually my brothers. hes a huge gears nut, even bought the gears 360 when it came out.

8. Northwoods4x4

Northwoods4x4 BangBro

Nice job! Looking foward to the updates :peace:

9. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

10. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Yah i've always kinda wanted a steering stabilizer, but i dont really have a need for one lol. As for the gears, yah my brother loves gears of war too. He has all of them and the 360.