Pro's and Con's of new F-150

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Auburnfan400, Feb 20, 2012.

1. deboer03150

deboer03150 Banned

Pros look BA
    Cons form the time I was driving my brother's screw while mine was in the shop. And it just seemed like there were huge blind spots with it unlike mine. But that's just me.

2. BlackThundah

BlackThundah Aka LilWhiteFiddy

Man If i ever pay full price for a new truck no matter the brand, I wouldnt concern my self with how much value it losses cause im sticken with until it dies! lol

3. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

My dads got an EB screw. Thing is amazing. Gets up and scoots. I'm not a fan of how the brake pedal feels personally. WAY too responsive compared to my old beater 97's. Steering is interesting too say the least. Havent driven it enough to have any cons, other then i dont have one yet.

4. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

are the brakes electronic like toyotas? i know in my brthers tacoma if you put as much pressure as you do in a normal stop in an F150 your already locking up brakes

5. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

Not sure Dylan. I would assume it could be, since the steering is electronic too. Why not do the brakes that way? I'll have to look into that.

6. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

if they're super sensitive like you say they are then i'd think so too. toyota makes all their brakes electronic so they're super sesnitive i guess ford could be moving to that

7. Predatory Instincts

Predatory Instincts Bizkit Grabber

I'm still trying to figure out why companies are going to all this drive by wire stuff. It can't be for cost savings.

Blow a fuse, you've got no accellerator, no steering and now it sounds like maybe no brakes. I suspect it's a lot more expensive to fix something in that electrical circuit as well.

8. Auburnfan400

Auburnfan400 Longbed done right!

Thats weird you say that about the brakes. The ones i've driven haven't been bad at all. But i'm used to my Accord where if you breathe heavy it slams your face into the steering wheel

9. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    thats the issue on the 11th gen screws as well. somewhere between the middle of the rear door back to the wheel well is all a blind area for me. thats why i got me some tow mirrors :peace:

10. jmurph

jmurph Full Access Member

my grandpa has the f150 screw, tons of room im 6'4" and in the backseat i have plenty of room. i only drove it once and i dont have a complaint about it yet.

my friend has the f250 screw powerstroke that thing is nutty it pulls ANYTHING. the kid drives it like he stole it, he jumped it once on accident, the turbo spooled up at just the right moment, while at silverlake sand dunes in michigan. my con for that is with the exhaust fluid or whatever there is no black smoke. :( haha