radio install

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Pity7700, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

I jut bought a new Sony stereo to replace the other "new to me" stereo I got for free. The one I replaced didn't have a USB or auxiliary Jack to listen to my mp3 player so I bought a Jew one. I have it all wired up and everything works great but the damn door alarm is so annoying everytime I open the door even if the key is out. Is this common? Or is there another way to do it?

2. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

bump

3. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

I know how to fix that!!! let me dig up the link, i did it on mine, the door pinger doesnt ping with the key in it. is that what you mean?

4. Bdons-SD

TikiWiki : Disabling Door chime

this is for a superduty, but since the steering wheel and column are the same, it should be identical. its the black and pink wire and is held in with a little plastic clip.

I just re read your post and its pinging even with the key out? thats odd.... but if you disable this it wont ping at all.

5. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

yea it dings without the key in. i just hooked up a stereo in my girlfriends mustang the same exact way and her door dinger dont go off. i asked our mechanic at work and he told me some of the fords do that.

the reason im asking is because my dad is insisting i did something wrong. i dont feel i did but you never know.

6. Bdons-SD

hmm... Ive installed stereos in 6 fords, 1 ranger, 1 explorer, 2 f150s, our escape, and my superduty, and NONE of them have pinged without the key.

7. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

yea i have no clue. everything is hooked up like it should be. or atleast i think. i know what wire causes the problem. its the red accessory wire. i originally unhooked it cause the dinger was fking annoying but if that wire isnt hooked up to power my wipers dont work lol. Jmurph has an aftermarket stereo and his dinger dont go off when the door is open and key is out but his truck is a different year than mine.

8. Raevsky97

Raevsky97 bagged 97 f150

mine only dings once in a blue moon :)

9. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

alright i went and took the radio apart again idk what im missing. i hooked up the stereo wires like the Destructions say. it says the red wire on the harness needs to hook to the red wire on the radio (ACC wire) the yellow wire on the harness need to connect to the yellow on the radio (Battery wire) if i hook it up like that nothing works. i have battery voltage at the yellow wire from the harness like i should. i get a low voltage reading from the acc wire. if i connect the red ACC wire from the harness to the battery wires the radio works but the door dinger comes on. wtf?

10. Bdons-SD

This may be a dumb and or obvious question, but I forgot to do it once. Did you ground the ground wire? I forgot to do that once and I kept bowing dash light fuses but the stereo worked still.

I only suggest that be because I'm at a loss and it's one of those things that can slip ones mind.

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk