radio install

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Pity7700, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

no not my truck just my gf car. the wipers work without the key in the ignition. i wired it the same way i wired mine so whatever i did wrong on mine i did wrong on hers. its the same metra wiring harness but different radio.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

alright just checked to see what the battery woltage was at it said 11.9v before i went to bed lastnight i checked it one last one and it said 12.3v. That was with the radio out of the truck. i hooked the radio back up. ill see if the voltage drops.

3. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

well it hasnt died yet today. Roush, i have been thinking about when you said something in the circuit had to have changed that is causing this problem. One of my remote start remotes has been acting up. i hit the button, the active light on the remote comes on but the truck dont start, the other remote works fine. i opened the unit up to change the batteries but i noticed the little antenna had came undone from the circuit board so i soldered it back where it should be. the button ended up working 2 times but now it doesnt, the active light on the controller still comes on though. i pulled the battery out and swapped out my other remote. could this have anything to do with my problem? this remote problem happened about the same time the truck started dieing. maybe i got some solder on something i shouldnt have?