review of 10 Watt LED Waterpoof Outdoor Security Floodlight

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by J.Wal, Feb 22, 2012.

1. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

This is a review of 10 Watt LED Waterpoof Outdoor Security Floodlight sold by LEDwholesalers on Amazon.com

Link to Product

Amazon.com: 10 Watt LED Waterpoof Outdoor Security Floodlight 85-264V AC, 3701WH: Home Improvement

I have a rental apartment over my shop. It is a 1,000 Square foot apartment. the way the stairs are to get to it are very dark at night. I live in the county where there are no street lights and distant neighbors. So when it is dark outside, it is super dark. I originally installed a led solar powered motion light but with all the trees I have it dosn't get enough sun even with no leaves on the trees. So I got to looking around and found the product listed above. I figured for 10 watts, it would be enough to light the area and keep the steps light enough to be safe.

The light comes with open ended wires, is waterproof and comes with a mounting bracket that lets the light rotate on a single axis. The light is great, floods the area much wider than I expected. If I were to order another I may step up the power to have a slightly brighter light, but yall know how I love LEDs. haha! I would highly recommend this for anyone needing a good flood light. It is in no way dim, and it lights the area better than I expected!

I did not want to hard wire the light so I bought a extension cord, cut the female end off, soldered the wires together, and used heat shrink tube to secure the connections. I then went over the entire connection with several passes of electrical tape. I then plugged the cord into a automatic wall timer. You set the on/ off time and plug them in. It will come on at 5:30 pm and go off at 6:30 am.

Here is a photo that gives you a idea of what this little, inexpensive light does. Keep in mind, this was taken with a Iphone4S and when the light is off it is total dark

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

Personally, it doesnt look like a HUGE difference. But it may just be the camera used. One of those "pics dont do it justice" situations. But looks good none the less.

3. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

If the light wasnt on, you wound see nothing. Before the light I used my phone to go up and down the stairs. But it is partly the phone not capturing all the light. It is not a extreamly bright light, but floods the area great!

4. 97madness

97madness Full Access Member

Thought so. Looks good tho man.

5. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

thanks for the info j

6. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

I just bought another one to put up as a porch light for them too! they will be aces then!!

7. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    gotta keep your renters safe or you get sued. nice review. i need some for my back yard.

8. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

Ya. I am leaving for a cruse soon and don't want any Reasons to possibly have a issue.

I bough another one last night to put as a porch light. For every 80 watt security light I have now I can put up 8 of these with the same power consumption.

J.Wal

9. str8t six

str8t six never enough

looks good! amazon is a great place to waste money!! :peace: