rough idle

Discussion in 'Member's Garage and Tools' started by Redamericanford01, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Redamericanford01

Redamericanford01 Junior Member

hey i have a question guys,
    ok when im seating at a red light my truck pluse vibrates in other words it idles really rough. what could this be and how can i fix it?

2. KingRanchDiesel

KingRanchDiesel Full Access Member

my truck does the same sometimes and i got a 6.0 Powerstroke. I am no expert but it might be vacuum leaks, bad ignition wires, or even misfiring. Another thing might be that the idle speed is outta whack, timing issues, a clogged cat, or the wrong firing order. Haha take a pick, theres plenty of reasons that your truck does it. Might have to get it to the dealership and get a checkup done and specifically tell them your problem! Hope this helps,good luck mate

3. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

we need specs on the truck man, can't help you without knowing what you have

4. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

^ x2 + 5

5. AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER Got Snow?

Mine occasionally does the same thing.

6. SolidF150

SolidF150 Full Access Member

what year is your truck?! I just posted and had this problem in my 02 F150.. I did research to find the common problems.. when looking for codes I got P1071 and P1071 which is Lean air Flow on both Driver and Passenger side. Have u checked to see if you have any DTC's? A common problem is the Pcv elbow by the intake, also known as the vacuum end assembly. This is very easy to check to see if its the problem also an easy fix.