sluggish start

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by mustangwarrior, May 31, 2011.

1. mustangwarrior

mustangwarrior Full Access Member

better but not fixed....yet, i've been considering getting rid of it but at this point i've put so much into the drivetrain i think i might start body work to make it last that much longer

2. mustangwarrior

well i drove the truck in stop and go traffic the other day and it appears its running awesome haha, it felt like it was idling alot smoother and wasn't hesitating on accel., but every so often it will do it very slightly, gonna drive it again today to confirm

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  3. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

looks like its getting better. awesome.

4. mustangwarrior

couple months have gone by and the stutter is still gone but the truck still seems to have a pretty goods miss, noticed it especially after towing that car the other, when i was sitting on the scale with the truck in drive and my foot on the brake it felt like it had a bit of a random miss like its done before, still don't know what could be causing this

5. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

well let me know if you ever want to take to ford mechanic in willoughby.

6. mustangwarrior

willoughby? i was there last night haha

i've got a few good mechanics here that i know personally but they're all gonna charge me and money's tight, last time tho he diagnosed it for a 12 pack haha but that didn't take care of the issues anyway

right now i've got two options, keep putting money in the truck and get it tip top or sell it and take a loss and start all over with a new vehicle

7. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

I'd have a mechanic take a look and see what they think the problem is, if it's not too bad I'd fix it and keep the truck. Otherwise you might want to look at selling/trading it.

Most shops will do a pre-buy check for about $100 in which they go through the vehicle bumper to bumper and list everything that they find wrong or that needs fixed. That might give you an idea on how much it would cost to get it in tip-top shape again