Sound system for F250 Supercab

Discussion in 'Interior' started by ksingltn, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ksingltn

ksingltn Full Access Member

so among my other plans detailed in page one of my build thread, I want to upgrade my sound system. I was wondering if anyone had put a sound system that worked well in a supercab 9th gen and if you had, if you could tell me the details on what you had.

FTM I have a VR3 head unit from walmart that has been in 3 trucks and a mustang now, not-so-great pioneer 2 ways in the doors, and stock 6x9's behind the rear panels.

I would like to put a better head unit, speakers and a subwoofer in, as well as either a 5 channel amp or a separate amp for speakers and sub.

I have a barely broken in Fosgate Punch 8 sub I was thinking of using, it had great sound before my amp crapped out. I don't think I need more than that, as I am going for sound quality not take your breath away bass pounding. As far as mounting the sub, I was thinking of making the sub box integral to the rear of my console when I build it.

2. joh408

joh408 Full Access Member

I don't have any experience with f250s really but I can recommend you check out the Massive Audio NX-5 for a 5 channel amp with a small footprint at a great price. Along the lines of Massive as well, their CK6 component set is supposed to be very good in sound quality and midbass for under $200 a pair. Not sure on your budget so just throwing those out there. If you can, look for a head unit with time alignment so you can adjust each speaker to benefit the driver as the listener

3. ksingltn

wow, that does look like an awesome piece of equipment, but 800w is alot more than I need, and thats out of my budget. Thanks for the info though, I had never heard of that brand before.

Would a component set be worth the install effort? I'm not scared of mods, I just want to make sure it'll be worth the payoff

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  4. joh408

If you are going for sound quality, I would say so. You can get a higher, wider stage with components than with coaxials which makes the music sound a lot better and not like it is coming at you from your legs. You don't have to mod much. If you wanted to you could put the tweeter in a PVC end pipe and paint it the color of your dash and then use velcro or bolts to hold it there. Easy way to mount it without cutting up the A-pillar or door card

5. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

First, are you wanting to amp ur new speakers

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

6. joh408

Sounds like it with him asking for good 5-channel amps haha

7. ksingltn

Yeah, dunno if I am going with a 5 channel or a separate amp for speakers and sub(s)

8. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

Sorry, I didn read. Lol. Get a good set of components and it will make ur whole system sound better. My components lack midbass

9. ksingltn

so who makes a good set? What do you have? I realize our trucks are different, but have comparable interior volume

10. TFIDDLE

TFIDDLE VEEEE TEn

I have cadence and were very cheap for 93db, but the lack midbass. I personally like infinity kappas and rainbow lol but they are high