The Hybrid & Lightening Thread

Discussion in '13th Generation F-Series : 2015 - Present' started by Papa Pazwazza, Jun 24, 2021.

want to buy the Lightening or like the Hybrid

Poll closed Jun 24, 2022.
  1. Like the Lightening

50.0%
  2. Like the Hybrid

100.0%
  3. Buying the Lightening

50.0%
  4. Buying the Hybrid

50.0%
  5. Forget it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Papa Pazwazza

Papa Pazwazza Full Access Member

Lets talk about the Hybrid and Lightening F150's ! "The next generation !" :anitoof:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  2. Papa Pazwazza

Think it depends on the Range I need, right now 600 miles perty much means the Hybrid is my choice if costs lower some.

3. Papa Pazwazza

The Lightening looks like a great daily commuter somewhere between 100 and 200 miles round trips !

4. Papa Pazwazza

Saw today that Ford has its supply of Chips for Puter, body module etc are coming back so 1000's of built F150's can be delivered this summer ! Yea !

5. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

That's great news! I could get by with a hybrid, but pure electric needs a 500 mi range to make it worthwhile

Roush PSD Interceptor likes this.
  6. Papa Pazwazza

I know, me too ! The Lightening from all I have read is a 75/175 Mile daily driver, designed for Commercial usage along with the Transit van with basically the same power driver setup in them. All for Commercial Customers. Not saying that a daily driver going less than 200 miles, most families are under 150 miles wouldn't love its Power supply. Is us who have to recharge in the middle of nowhere who lack the range ! My Daughter wants one, I think a Maverick with a Honda Charger in the bed to give the crew more power on site is a good choice for her, she wants to get onsite experience and I want to get her out of our home office. Lol ! The Charger gas is easily kept records of & cost mostly tax deductible. :angels25:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    Roush PSD Interceptor likes this.
  7. Papa Pazwazza

I do see Truck Port areas with huge Construction Parking lots adding maybe 10 charging stations to meet some kind of simple need of recharge in the next couple of years along I States roads. Still it becomes a joke of Recharge in a long line belief that its gonna actually work for Millions of electric cars. Millions of cars on the move every day is a fact !

5 million cars and 18 wheelers move within 100 miles of me every morning ! All day long, maybe 20 million total in 12 hours ! Maybe more. States in my 300 mile circle 40 million at least every day all day long like lil ants following each other all over heck !

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  8. Papa Pazwazza

I do believe the 2nd stage charger with a 2nd service meter or Solar are the way to go if we do switch to Lightnings. Ya got to be able to quickly charge and go is my experience. Way to busy to wait 12- 15 hours to charge a truck. Hope we get tons of rapid Charger locally soon ! My experience is 40 minutes on a Fast Charge gets yolu maybe 100 miles down the road if you are empty or the Camper at a Campgrounds. Maybe limp back to the Rapid Charger to get an 80% recharge over a couple of hours while lil woman fixes dinner.

9. Papa Pazwazza

Believe the deliveries are beginning to pick up speed. Yea ! These trucks are loaded with Semi conductors to control and deliver messages. Yea ! Thas needed and is A+; the Chips are beginning to appear. Production quantities can continue to multiply as time passes.

10. gruesomesurfer

gruesomesurfer Full Access Member

Not into EVs but the new Ford Lightning got me interested.

Papa Pazwazza likes this.