Upcoming Truck of the Months

Discussion in 'Truck of the Month' started by Darth Bama, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

Okay, here's the deal. I want to get this out here before the end of the month. There's been a lot of grumbling from members about truck of the month. More grumbling from some than others, but whatever. Here's the thing, I personally feel TOTM it is a waste of time with the small amount of members we have on this forum. TOTM works well on the other sites where there's thousands of members to pick each month from. We DO NOT have that luxury. It's difficult putting together a TOTM each month, and no matter what, every month someone ends up bi tch ing about it. I'm not going to continue wasting my time doing it if it's going to end up being a problem each month. So with that said, if you guys and gals want to continue running a TOTM then help us help you. From now on, when there's a nomination thread, and your truck has been nominated, POST YOUR TRUCKS STATS, and any other photos that you feel are the best representation of your truck. If you don't want to, then simply say, hey I don't care to run my truck this month. No harm no foul...

This month's TOTM is up, I picked the trucks. Like em or lump em, I don't care. It is what it is this month. I wanted the poll up on the 1st day of the month and didn't want to waste time waiting on members to nominate and for the nominated member to share their info. Members that are in this month's TOTM, if you do not want your truck in the poll inform me or Josh and we'll take you out of it.

Thanks,
    Darth Bama :adminpower:

2. Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD Anti spark plug!

Sounds good! I think with the low member count, you picking the nominees is more fair than us nominating them or ourselves. It's more of an objectionable third party deal. You can line em up fair so they're more competitive. Like it wouldn't be a contest if we line up a lowered supercharged screw with a lifted 4.2 ha ha. I liked the themed totm, but its not as fun if only 3 people participate.

I say don't ***** about the rules unless you're willing to take the time and arrange it yourself. Do what you think works best, youre an admin for a reason ha ha, you go girl!

Sent from your Mom's house using Tapatalk

3. Pity7700

Pity7700 oh umm...uhh?

hey got a simple solution..

lets get more members yall! get the damn word out there lol

4. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

↑this

sent from area 51

5. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

Sounds good :peace:

6. 2012FX4

2012FX4 Full Access Member

FaceBook is your friend.
    Other Ford related PM boxes are your friend.

Use your FREE resources and they will come.

Tag your post with keywords that pertain to the topic ... for example, If you are posting a new thread about having a Roush Exhaust for your 2012 F150... simple, after you create a thread about it scroll down and tag it with good searchable tags...
    Like this ..
    Ford f-150, 2012 Ford, 2012 Ford Roush, Roush Exhaust F150

Just like that ^^
    You do this to all your threads people that search for anything in that tag, this forum will pop up and bingo .. they will become a member or at-least pop in. Its up to us to keep this place looking attractive with new post ect ..

Take it as you will ... but I was in this sort of a pickle 2 years ago with my site. Actually had less members now I am over 10,000. I implemented tags to my moderators (they do the tagging) and soon enough people started googling ect.. for key words and the site popped up.

Take a look ... I am sure Shaggy would not mind the cross link .. :birgits_tiredcoffee
    www.ramforum.com

I am ramhunter9 on there so feel to give me a shout ... and you can see I have my info filled out accordingly with my FORD .. LOL
    Still a huge mopar guy .. but thats a different story.

Back on topic .. but like I said, little things like doing the above WILL bring in more members and then that will equal a bigger TOTM and bigger forum.

Regards
    Dave

7. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

we have 1400 members that join but have never posted... i think that's a problem lol

8. iowaredneck

iowaredneck Administrator

Ya think?

trolls

sent from area 51

9. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

i drug one over from F15dy boys lol

10. ak_cowboy

ak_cowboy Penguin Hunter

You can look on your profile and see how many people used you as a reference too

sent from my igloo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.