Upgraded calipers?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by thump, Dec 9, 2010.

1. thump

thump Member

So, I ended up just doing a quick pad slap to get me by while I researched this. I'm still considering the SSBC kit above, but one of the guys I was talking to at a performance shop mentioned a cheaper option. Evidentially Baer makes a kit that relocates the stock caliper out a bit and allows you to run 1" larger rotors with aftermarket wheels. At half the price of the SSBC kit this might be just the touch of extra power I'm looking for. Anyone have any experience with these?
    http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3974A0A0A2660688.aspx

2. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    upgrading to just a larger rotor will not make that much of a difference. the stopping power comes from what kind of bite the caliper+brake pad can put on the rotor. after using this kit, your weakest link is still what was weak from the beginning: the caliper. You would have to get this kit, then swap out to a multi-piston caliper if you wanted to see significant breaking power. this is the case in all break kits. sure, slotted/drilled rotors along w/ badass Hawk pads are a great combo, and will decrease stopping distance, but unlitmately it boils down to the caliper working, and I think you would crack a piston on your stock caliper quick by upgrading to this rotor/bracket relocation combo. but this is just my opinion and should be taken lightly :waytogo: