Wheel spacers

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by wtdeerhunter93, Nov 28, 2010.

1. wtdeerhunter93

wtdeerhunter93 Full Access Member

Well I want my truck to have a wider stance and as of right now I cant afford 10" wide wheels or bigger tires so what do yall think about these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Wh...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a60474b3c

I believe the dodge 1500s have the same bolt pattern dont they?
    This is all assuming that my truck is repairable for a fairly cheap amount, Ill find that out hopefully some time this week.

2. The Batman

The Batman Rest In Piece

those will work...but it makes it hell on your wheel bearings and balljoints!

3. A7X

A7X Full Access Member

X2 depending on your current backspacing, spacers can cause premature wear on some front end components... try to stay within 1.25" of the center of the wheel to the hubs mounting surface and you should be good... my stock wheels were 7" wide with 4.5" BS and I ran 2" spacers with no probe... that kept me 1" from center

4. wtdeerhunter93

Would it wear that stuff like extrmely fast or just a little faster? Also I dont know the stock wheel specs to see how itd turn out anyone know? If not I maybe the manual will have it in it.

5. The Batman

The Batman Rest In Piece

depending on how far from center will determine the wear...the farther out of center they are the faster it will wera...your better off finding some wide set rims to run...in the long run it will be better for your truck...i've been looking into the same thing for mine..looked at spacers too...decided the best option foer me was to wait to find the wide rims...

6. big cube 426

big cube 426 Junior Member

not worth the headaches. and money..

7. wtdeerhunter93

All right, well I guess Ill see how much it would put them from the center and if its that bad off ill just wait and get some wide wheels.