Where do you buy Tires?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by westtnfx4, Jan 18, 2011.

1. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Soon I'll be buying some new MT's for my truck (either 325/60/18's or 35/12.50/18's) and was wondering where everyone goes for the best deals? I usually buy mine local but was wondering if there was a cheaper place out there :shrug:

2. str8t six

str8t six never enough

craigslist:jester:

3. che22879

che22879 Big Dog Che

Local is usually better cuz you avoid the shipping fees. I used to buy at Discount tire or Pepboys but now I just hit my buddy up who owns a tire shop.

4. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

One place for me, Discount Tire. I've been pleased with them too many times to count. Their prices are good and their service is great. I've had them install 4 new tires and got me out of there in less then 45 minutes. Anytime I show up for my lifetime rotation and balance they offer I'm usually on there about 20-30 minutes at the most. Dude, they're super fast and friendly.

5. '02F150CountryBoy

'02F150CountryBoy Full Access Member

The USA, best deals out there :jester:

6. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    Most of your local shops will match competitor's pricing, even if its from the internet. I would see who locally will do that for you, then find the best price online. Make sure its the best price INCLUDING shipping cuz thats what the local shop is gonna base his total price off of.

When I buy tires, I typically go to Rent N Roll. Same 90 as cash, and I like that cuz I pay off 1 tire every check, and don't have to take a hit of 1750 right out the pocket.

7. markymark17

markymark17 Full Access Member

My friends own a small car dealership and they are friends with a guy who owns a tire shop so they got me a really good deal on tires for my 20s. I usually shop around locally first tho before heading to the interwebz

8. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

Yeah we have a wholesale place here local that I've yet to find anyone that can beat him....but I'm always on the look out :D .....oh and craigslist is a sweet place for used that's for sure. Just hard to find the size I need used anymore....

9. tater

tater I WANT IT ALL

i will never go there again. i had the worst time with them.

but the last them i got tires i got them from a truck shop in town

10. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

You're the 1st person I've ever heard say that, regional deal maybe. I've been there too many times for it to be a fluke. Both my parents, a couple of neighbors and several other people I've worked with and know all LOVE Discount. There's always an isolated incident, but I've never heard of any, or at least around my area. They're super fast and really friendly. :birgits_tiredcoffee