Which setup to get?

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by J.Wal, Aug 8, 2011.

1. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

Ok so a dude on f150online is trying to sell a sub box/ center console. It has 2 JL 10" w7 s and one amp. Did have two but he sold one so I would half to buy another amp. He wants 1100 for the box, subs, and one amp. So I would half to spend another 400 or so on a amp for the second sub. But..... Would be a bad ass setup!
    Here is the link....

Dual Subwoofer Custom Center Console - F150online Forums

On the other hand, I could get a JL 13.5 and a new box for around 600 and at the most upgrade my amp, cost about 400 or so and be out 1000.

I want good hard bump, but not sure which would be the better thing to do.....

---
    - J.Wal

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. joh408

joh408 Full Access Member

Dude, you would be a fool to pass that up. w7's absolutely bump and they list at around $400 each. 2 in a center console would be ridiculous. Just buy an amp that does around 2kw @ 1 ohm and you should be good. Check out caraudioclassifieds.com for a deal on a used amp or look at DAT's sales on DIYMA for a Massive N4. You would only need 1 amp that way and would only have to buy the box and subs

3. westtnfx4

westtnfx4 The Alpha Administrator

You really need a mortgage payment JWal :Grenade:

:jester:

4. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

The gf is planning on fronting this one. She is a keeper for sure!

---
    - J.Wal

5. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

Sorry, not fronting, butt all around paying!

---
    - J.Wal

6. 07Fx2

07Fx2 Full Access Member

:jester: j wal get the w7s

7. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

I probably will go with the console one! it is too good to pass up. He said he spent 1200 on the box alone. and It has 2 w7s, one 750/1HD amp. I will need to get another one ( around 700 bucks). If you count the 1200 for the box, 800 for the 2 subs and 700 for the amp its sitting at 2700 or so worth. He said I could run both subs off the one amp and is would sound ok but not be at its potential! So I would add the second 750/1 Hd to make 1500 watts in just bass! With the door speakers it will be a bad ass system! cant wait!

8. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    man, honestly, i think that center console is gay. like :supergay:. you should just get a box for under the back seat and run dual 10's. i'm runnin 2 Xplod's on a 800w amp and I can beat the block down w/ this setup. just my opinion...

9. J.Wal

J.Wal Full Access Member

I have dual 10s on and they don't hit like I want. I like do bang hard like king kong is beating up the floor! I want to feel the bass outside the truck.

I had a Toyota pickup back in the day and it had 2 12s and a 1800 watt amp, I was knocking clocks off the walls! I miss that. I miss turning the bass up and my eyes itchin! Lol

---
    - J.Wal

10. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    it sounds like your current setup is a wash. i would swap out those subs before i got a whole new system. like i said, my simple Sony's can do what you are askin for off a no name 800w amp.