Window Problem HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Dawgfan54, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Dawgfan54

Dawgfan54 Full Access Member

Okay guys if your familiar with stock ford wiring in the doors, I need your help.
    I've replaced two window regulators before in my front passenger and my rear left doors so I'm quite familiar on how they work and such.
    I'm stumped though.
    My rear right door window won't roll up. I looked at it today and took apart the door, and took the regulator out figuring it was broken like the other two. (i managed to scratch up my tint pretty bad in the process, not happy about it)
    Just to be sure I took off the left rear door, disconnected the working window regulator and plugged the one I took out of the rear right door in. It worked perfectly. I'm stumped.

I first noticed the problem a week ago, I could only roll down the back left window when I used the switch on my driver door, in order to roll it up i had to reach back to my rear left window and use that switch.
    Now both switches aren't working, i think its wiring, cause obviously the motor isn't getting power, but I don't know where to start.
    I checked the circuit breaker for power to all the windows, and it works obviously cause i can still roll down other windows.
    I also noticed on my way home today that i can't control my front passenger window from my driver door switch. I can only do it by using the switch on the passenger front door.
    Its almost like its all deteriorating at once.

Anyone had this problem or have an idea as to what the problem is?

2. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

Are you trying to roll both down at the same time or one at a time? Is tje truck running everytime you test?

3. Dawgfan54

I'm trying to roll one down each time I test, and no but the key is turned on to give it power.
    Does it matter if both are down together?
    It should still work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cowboy

cowboy Sheriff

Just trying to figure out power consumption. Does it act different with the engine on?

5. VanoFord

VanoFord Banned

In my own imaginary world, where. Respect for wome
    More than likely the switch is bad. The UP toggle is prolly worn pretty low. You can either take apart the switch and carefully have t make contact again, or just eBay a new set and you are good. This was the issue in my truck. Just got a new switch locally.

6. Dawgfan54

vano- but its going bad in all of them? thats what doesn't make sense to me...

cowboy- i haven't tried with the engine on, i didn't think it would make a difference, i thought it might be a bad relay but i dont know where or how to fix a relay...

7. W.Hirsch

W.Hirsch Yippie-Ki-Yay....

Think I would pick up a switch and give it a shot first. They are kinda cheap and if it still don't work you can take the switch back.

8. Darth Bama

Darth Bama Administator Staff Member

I'd check the contacts on the switch first. My driver's side window did that a while back and I was about to order a new switch, luckily I checked it first. The contacts had become corroded fairly bad. Cleaned em, made a slight adjustment and it's worked great ever since. Never hurts to check...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

9. TxFx04

TxFx04 FFS Frequent Traveler

^ that. I had mine act up recently, I pressed the button and could hear the motor trying but it just wouldn't move. Popped the switches off and Got some of that CRC electronic cleaner and sprayed it and they work fine now

10. Roush PSD Interceptor

Roush PSD Interceptor 7.3L Straight Piped Diesel

This is cheaper than a switch.
    Worth a try before investing in switches.
    Sold at Wal-Mart or auto parts retailers.

CRC QD Electronic Cleaner

[​IMG]